Flower Steamed Bun
Starter Dough Ingredients :
200gm all purpose flour
a pinch of salt
1/2 tspn yeast
- combine all ingredients together to form a soft dough and knead till smooth.
- leave to proof for one hours.
- then divide into 4 portion (about 70-75gm per portion),
(keep the unused portion in the fridge for other recipes.)
Main Dough Ingredients :
70gm start dough (or one portion), tear into pieces
200gm all purpose flour/superfine flour
100gm pau flour
1/2 tspn baking powder
1 tbsp milk powder
2-1/2 tbsp sugar
1-1/2 tspn yeast
1 tbsp shortening
- combine all ingredients into a mixer bowl to form a soft dough.
- knead untill smooth.
- divide dough into 14 portion.
( I double the ingredients and made half into pandan flavour by adding in 1 tspn coconut milk extract and 1/2 tspn pandan extract/green colouring & divide 14 portion each.)
- join one pce white dough and one pce green dough together, then roll flat.
- make a few cuts in the center.
- twist the dough and then make a knot.
- place them to the steamer tray and let to rest for 20-30 mins.
- finally, steam for 10 mins and then serve hot.
Here's my babies! Just look at them.... Hhmmm...mmm......
Really really fluffy and aromatic due to the coconut flavouring I've added in. If you can't find the coconut extract, probably you can use light coconut milk instead of water. My daughter just adores it! She's having these for her breakfast and also brought two along for her lunch box. Hope you all will enjoy this recipe as well!