Roulette Cinnamon Roll
yam paste fillings which I love very much, but not easy to please everyone though especially my son. Since I love to explore new things, so I think I should try this out with their favourite flavour....cinnamon and chocolate! Phew..... no jokes, my son is the first person came in to ask for the bread. He said the aroma has dragged him over and he had two slices in one shot! By the way, this is an easy hand knead recipe. So, enjoy and have fun!
1-1/2 cup warmed milk
1 tbsp sugar
3 tspn yeast
1 cup bread flour/high protein flour
- combine all ingredients and mix well, leave to proof for 1/2 hour.
Ingredients for dough :
2 cups bread flour
2 cups all purpose flour
1/3 cups sugar
1 tspn salt
4 tbsp butter, softened
* cinnamon mixture : 1 tbsp cinnamon powder + 1/3 cup brown sugar
* extra butter for spreading
* egg yolk for glazing
* 100gm white chocolate for ganaching.
* roasted almond flakes for ganaching. (optional)
- combine flour, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- stir in the sponge and mix till it formed a soft dough.
- add in butter and starts kneading the dough untill smooth.
- then leave to rest for an hour.
- press out the air and knead for another 5 mins.
- roll the dough out flat in rectangle shape.
- roll the dough like swiss roll about 1/3 of the dough.
- join both end together and place dough to baking tray.
- and leave to proof for 45mins.
Finally, brush on egg glaze and bake at 190'c for 20-25 mins.
Now melt the chocolate and drizzle over the bread once it's cool. And serve!
Then I have to stop them from touching the breads cause these are for tomorrow breakfast. hehe...