Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Pin Wheel Yam Bread

We were out of bread yesterday. So, I have made some to feed my family. Never thought of making pin wheel bread ! Not even tried once before. I've got to give it a go, since I have some yam paste stored in my fridge for so long already. At the end, I came out with this pin wheel yam bread top with vanilla frosting. Oh... boy, just think of the heavy yam aroma plus vanilla frosting ! How can you resist !


Ingredients :


Yam Paste

800gm-1kg mashed yam
1/2 cup cooking oil
140gm sugar

1/2 tspn salt

- preheat the non stick pan.

- add all ingredients into pan and stir till combine over medium heat.

- leave cool and then keep in fridge overnight.

- then wrap 1/2 yam paste with plastic wrap and roll flat.

- do the same to the other half and keep them back to the fridge again .


Ingredients :

Bread dough

(A) Sponge

1-1/2 cup warmed milk

1 tbsp sugar

3 tspn yeast

1 cup all purpose flour

- add sugar & yeast to the warmed milk and let to rest under cover for 5 mins.

- then add in flour and mix well, leave to prove for 1/2 hour or till double the size.


(B) Dough

4 cups all purpose flour

1/3 cups sugar

1 tspn salt

4 tbsp butter


- mix flour, sugar & salt in a big bowl.

- add mixture (A) into the dry mixture to form a dough.
(the dough should be a little sticky at this stage)

- then add in butter and mix to combine.

- the dough should easier to handle after adding in butter.
- knead the dough for about 5 mins.

- place dough onto a plastic sheet and roll flat & thin.
- then place the yam paste onto the flat dough.
- hold on one side of the plastic sheet and starts rolling it up.


- the rolling should be nice and firm. You see, not messy at all.
- then shape it into ring on a parchment paper.
- make cuts on its side to expose the swirled fillings.


- let it rest for 30-45 mins or untill double it size.
- brush on the egg glaze and bake at 185'c for 40mins or untill golden brown.
- leave cool and top with vanilla frosting.

Ingredients :


Vanilla Frosting

1/2 cup icing sugar

1 tbsp water / milk

1/2 tspn vanilla essence


- final touch up, spread frosting over the bread and serve.

11 comments:

Baking Monster said...

oh man these look soo good. I love anything yam so I have to make these. :)

My Little Space said...

Hello BM, hope you'll join in more often.

Joycee said...

This looks so good and the pinwheel is perfect. You are a very good baker to have it turn out picture perfect, not easy to do!
joy c. at grannymountain

My Little Space said...

Hello Joycee, nice to have you here. And thank you so much for the complement.

Christina Kim said...

Hi! thank you so much for visiting my blog and commenting. this bread is so creative and unique, i love it! i'll be following you on my reader!

My Little Space said...

Hello Christina, nice to have you here and thank you so much for joining in.

mel said...

Hello. Thanks for visiting my blog. :) Your puppy is soooo cute!! I love beagles. My puppy is a mix breed and she has beagle in her as well.

Your pinwheel looks YUMMY!!!!! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Pam said...

I've never had something like this before. It looks beautiful and tasty.

finsmom said...

What a gorgeous presentation :)

Diana H said...

You did an excellent job!

My Little Space said...

Hello Diana, it's great to have you joining in and thank you so much for the compliment. Yey..I'll keep it up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...