Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Chocolate Mousse Cake With Coconut Shortbread Crust

This is my first attempt in making mousse cake without using cream cheese and whip cream or gelatine. During the whole process, I was thinking I got to get this cake done perfectly. I'm so excited and really wanted to see the out come of the cake .....tik...tik...tik....Ding!! Alright, the cake is done. I quickly ran to the oven and take a real good look at it. Oooo....it looks so lovely. I'm glad I tried this recipe.


Ingredients :

Base Crust

110gm all purpose flour
1/2 tspn baking powder
1/4 cup brown sugar
80gm butter, melted
2 tbsp desiccated coconut

- add all ingredients together and mix to combine.
- press the mixture onto a 9" round springfoam pan.
(but I used 8"round tray)
- bake at 180'c for 20 mins.

Chocolate Mousse Filling

450gm semisweet chocolate
1 cup thick cream
6 eggs
1 tspn vanilla essence
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar

Method :

- stir chocolate and cream over low heat untill melted, leave cool.
- beat all eggs and vanilla essence untill foamy.
- gradually add flour and sugar into egg mixture, beat untill thick and smooth
- fold chocolate mixture into egg mixture little by little.
- stir all ingredients untill well mix.
- finally, pour the batter onto the coconut crust and bake for 45mins at 170'c.
(cover the bottom cake tray with alluminium foil)
- leave the cake rest for 1/2 hour then remove the side pan.

Lemon Frosting

3/4 cup icing sugar

1 tspn lemon juice & rind

1-1/2 tbsp milk

- mix all ingredients together untill combine.

- spread the mixture onto the cake.

- chill the cake for a few hours before serving.

4 comments:

Mary said...

It looks delicious. I hope you enjoyed it.

finsmom said...

WOW! This cake looks positively heavenly! Yum!

Katy ~ said...

Oh, this looks VERY good!

comfycook said...

Chocolate Mousse is my favorite. I never thought of it with shortbread. Very clever and inviting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...