Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Peanut Butter Cherry Square



Week days always busy busy busy. I'm making simple recipe today, peanut butter cherry square. Easy to prepare and fast to cook ! Sounds like a lazy mom, ha ha ha !


Ingredients :


1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup light brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tspn vanilla essence
1 cup all purpose flour
1-1/2 tspn baking powder
1 cup cherries (I'm using dried cherries)


Methods :


- cook dried cherries in a saucepan with water over medium heat, untill turned soft.
- separate the cherries and leave cool.
- melt butter and peanut butter over low heat.
- leave cool then add in sugar, beaten eggs and vanilla, mix till combine.
- add in flour and baking powder and mix well.
- finally, mix in the cherries.
- pour mixture into a 9x13" pan (remember to put in patchment paper).
- bake at 180'cfor 25mins.


I actually cut down the sugar from 1-1/2 cup to 3/4 cup. The sweetness is just good enough. Not too sweet.





4 comments:

Mary said...

These look so good. I've bookmarked the recipe to use when my grandsons visit.

susan said...

This sounds delicious and is an unusual combination--but two of my husband's favorites. I will have to give this a try!

My Little Space said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
My Little Space said...

Hello Susan, I'm glad you like it. Thank you for joining in and hope you'll drop by more often.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...