Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Peanut Butter Cherry Square
Week days always busy busy busy. I'm making simple recipe today, peanut butter cherry square. Easy to prepare and fast to cook ! Sounds like a lazy mom, ha ha ha !
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1 tspn vanilla essence
1 cup all purpose flour
1-1/2 tspn baking powder
1 cup cherries (I'm using dried cherries)
- cook dried cherries in a saucepan with water over medium heat, untill turned soft.
- separate the cherries and leave cool.
- melt butter and peanut butter over low heat.
- leave cool then add in sugar, beaten eggs and vanilla, mix till combine.
- add in flour and baking powder and mix well.
- finally, mix in the cherries.
- pour mixture into a 9x13" pan (remember to put in patchment paper).
- bake at 180'cfor 25mins.
I actually cut down the sugar from 1-1/2 cup to 3/4 cup. The sweetness is just good enough. Not too sweet.