1-3/4 cups milk, warmed
2 tspn yeast
1 tbsp sugar
1 cup all purpose flour
- add in sugar and yeast to the warmed milk and rest for 5 mins.
- add in egg and stir to combine.
- then stir into the flour and mix well, leave to rest for 1/2 hour.
4 cups all purpose flour / bread flour
1/3 cup sugar
2 tspn salt
3 tbsp butter
3 tbsp flour
- roughly mix the ingredients together.
- place the mixture in between a plastic sheet and roll out flat.
- keep in fridge.
- add in mixture (A) into (B) to form a soft dough, except butter.
- knead well and then add in butter, knead another few mins.
- roll out flat to make a square shape.
- place item (C) onto the flat dough and seal all edges.
- then roll out flat to make a rectangle shape.
- fold in three and roll flat again to make another rectangle shape again.
- then wrap it up with a plastic sheet and keep in fridge for 30mins.
- repeat the folding for about another 3-4 times.
- chill out the dough whenever you feel that is difficult to handle.
- keep in the fridge for an hour after the final folding.
- then shape up the dough and place it to the tray.
- final prove : 1/2 hour.
- brush on the egg glaze.
- bake at 200'c for 25-30 mins or untill golden brown.
I have added on some cheddar cheese to one of the toast. Oh dear, the one with cheese tasted absolutely wonderful. Since this is my mother-in-law's favourite, I'm planning to bring these home to visit my parents-in-law later in this evening.Crispy outer layer plus soft inner layer, additional of the heavy cheese and butter aroma ! Just think about it !!