It has been quite a while since the last time I made this ice-cream, or it supposed to call SORBET. Sorbet is different from ice-cream because it does not make with milk or cream. And it tasted more like soft ice ball. It's a nice and cooling dessert to serve in this kind of hot environment. I guess lime and lemon should be a fantastic combination. Well, they are! Guess what?? My kids finished it in just half an hour.
1 cup sugar
2-1/2 cup water
1 tspn lime & lemon rind
1/2 cup lime juice
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 egg whites
- combine water and sugar and simmer over low heat untill sugar melted.
- leave aside for 5 mins.
- then add in lime & lemon juice and rind.
- pour the mixture into a lamington pan, cover.
- freeze untill almost set.
- finally, beat the sorbet and egg whites untill smooth.
- pour the mixture into a container, cover.
- freeze untill firm and serve.