Pine-Apple Kuchen For My Big Day

Yesterday was my big day....Yeah, my birthday! It's been a hectic day and don't even have time to celebrate my birthday this year or pamper myself with an elegant treat. Don't feel like buying a ready made cake either, but did make a quick one though. A Pineapple & Apple kuchen! Kuchen in Germany means cake. So, at least I have my cake....a simple slice of cake! So, what do you think about having a non-cream cake for your birthday? Frankly, I don't mind at all.

Ingredients for Dough :
(A)
1/4 cup lukewarm water
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 tbsp yeast

(B)
3 tbsp butter, softened
1/4 cup lukewarm milk
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tbsp lemon zest

(C)
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tspn salt

Method :

- combine ingredients (A) and leave to rest for 10 mins or untill bubbling.
- combine ingredients (B) and stir into ingredients (A) untill well mixed.
- add in ingredients (C) to form a sticky dough and let to rest for an hour or untill double in size.
- punch the dough to release air and press dough over to the pine-apple fillings.
- bake a t 170'C-175'C for about 35-40 mins.
- serve warm.



Ingredients for Pine-Apple filling :
4 large green apples, diced
a quarter fresh pineapple, diced
5 tbsp brown sugar
3/4 tbsp cinnamon powder
2 tbsp flour

- combine all ingredients except flour and simmer over low heat untill tender.
- then off the heat and stir in flour untill well mixed.
- leave cool before spreading it over to a 9" spring form tray.

Surprisingly, everyone likes it! It looks like a cake but tastes like bread. My son wallop about half of the cake and still requesting for more. Truely satisfying! I think it would probably goes well with some custard cream too! Enjoy!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME! ^_^
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...