Pull-Apart Brioche With Cream Cheese Custard
Brioche is a highly enriched French bread which is high egg and butter content gives it a rich and tender crumb. I, especially love this kind of bread......totally filled with butter aroma just like croissants. In additional of the cream cheese fillings that would be perfectly alluring!
Starter Dough :
1/2 cup all purpose flour
2-1/2 tpsn yeast
1/2 cup milk
1 tspn sugar
- combine all ingredients and leave to rest for 5 mins.
Main Dough :
2-1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tspn salt
3 tbsp sugar
3 large eggs
- combine starter dough together with main dough ingredients
- mix well to form a soft & sticky dough.
- wrap dough and keep refrigerated overnight.
( if possible release air from bag a couple of times before dough started to chilled up)
125gm cream cheese, softened
1 tbsp milk powder
1 tbsp lemon juice
- combine all ingredients and cook over medium heat over a double boiler untill thickened.
- then leave cool.
- place dough to slightly floured working table.
- divide dough in 12 ball dough and filling in cream cheese custard.
- sealed dough and place them a baking tray.
- brush on egg glaze and sprinkle on some cinnamon sugar.
- leave to rest for 1/2 hour.
- finally, bake at 175'c for about 20mins or untill brown.
Here's my simple pull-apart brioche which is easy to make. Just to fulfill your crave... or MINE especially! hehe.... Have fun!