Cashew Nuts Chicken & Rambutans In Sweet Lemon Sauce
I'm not sure if anyone had this kind of combination before. It looks & sounded weird, isn't it? But DELICIOUS, I'll have to say ! As we always looking for something new in our food to boost up our appetite. This is something which is so refreshing and yet not boring to enjoy with. I love digging in every single food on that plate.... It's like a plate of treasure. Hm...mm... So, here's what I did.
2-3 chicken thigh, cubed
salt & pepper to taste
1/2 egg white
1 tspn sesame oil(3) fry the chicken untill golden brown.
1/2 cup tapioca starch(2) stir in tapioca starch and mix to well combined.
Method :(1) marinade chicken with salt & pepper, sesame oil & egg white then set aside for 1/2 hour.
1/2 cup lemon drinking juice
1 tbsp sugar
1 tspn vinegar
1 tspn tapioca starch/corn starch
* 1 tin rambutans with pineapple fillings (or add extra pineapples)
* handful of roasted cashew nuts (or store bought readymade)
(1) combine lemon juice, vinegar, sugar and tapioca starch, mix well.
(2) boil the mixture over medium heat untill thickened.
(3) off the heat, stir in rambutans, chicken & cashew nuts, mix to combine.
(4) and serve warm.
For fresh lemon juice user, extra sugar must be added in to balance the sweetness of the sauce. Of coz, you may also adjust the quantity of the recipe according to your taste & flavour. I will probably finish the whole plate of food off without any additional rice or noodles. Trust me... you gonna love it too! Have fun.