Easy Strawberry Pie
These days I am cutting down all those sweet indulgence and trying to avoid by taking in extra sugar. I think it's a good start for a more healthy living. And I am lucky enough to be able to get 2 prunet of fresh strawberries for half price which is less than RM9 (for two), days ago. How I wish to double my purchase but it's all too late! My boy just loves eating them fresh. Then I will puree the leftovers for other uses. And here is one of the goodies I made.
Ingredients for Pie Crust : (Recipe source from here)
200gm all purpose flour
2 tbsp icing sugar
1/2 tspn salt
2 tbsp milk powder
110gm cold butter, cubed
3 tbsp water
(1) combine flour, milk powder, sugar and salt in a big bowl, mix well.
(2) add in cold butter and rub against the dry ingredients untill well combined.
(3) stir in cold water and slowly mix to form a dough.
(4) wrap dough with plastic sheet and keep in freezer for about 20 mins.
(5) then roll out the size just to fit a 9" pie pan, lined with greaseproof paper.
(6) keep refrigerated for another 15 mins.
(7) cover the upper top of the crust with a piece of greaseproof paper plus a handful of black beans.
(8) bake at preheated oven 175'C for about 20 mins. Then leave aside to cool.
Ingredients for Strawberry Fillings :
100gm strawberry puree
250gm cream cheese, softened
2 tbsp lime juice (or sour cream)
1-1/2 cup whipping cream, non-dairy
100gm icing sugar
(1) whisk together cream cheese, sour crean, sugar and strawberry puree untill well combined.
(2) fold in whipped cream and mix well.
(3) finally, spread mixture over the pastry crust and keep refrigerated for at least 4 hours or over night.
(4) serve chilled.
Ingredients for Strawberry Topping :
400gm strawberry puree
150gm strawberry jam ( I used Smucker Low Sugar Jam)
*combine both ingredients and beat to well mixed, then spread over the top of the cream filling.
This is surely a superb easy fruitty pie which is less sweet and still be able to maintain the delicious sweetness for us to enjoy. You can use any fruits puree as you like. Still as refreshing and delicious. Enjoy!
*I'm sending this to Jean @ Aspiring Baker #6 Event.