Gelatinised Swirl Cake Bread
Why natural gelatinization is introduced to us? And why is it bread improver is not encourage to be consumed. Latest shocking information you're about to find out, please click here. You'll be surprise what are you eating everyday. Just imagine what are the side effects going to attack us especially to our children in the future. Besides of that we're also not encourage to eat freshly baked breads immediately. It is to advise to eat breads that is after at least 2 hours of cooling time. More info here & here & here to check on. Hereby, this is one of many natural gelatinised method which introduced to us by Alex Goh(The famous baker). It's much to a healthy living for us and something nutritous and safe to feed our family with no fear.
Ingredients for Flour Gelatinised :
100gm bread flour
70ml boiling water
(1) add boiling water to flour slowly by stirring it untill combined.
(2) then knead to smooth dough and leave to cool in refrigerator.
Ingredients for Main Dough :
300gm bread flour
100gm all purpose flour
4 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp milk powder
1 tbsp yeast
1 tspn salt
1 large egg
60gm butter, cubed
* cinnamon mixture : 1/3 cup brown sugar + 1 tbsp cinnamon powder
(1) combine flour, sugar, milk powder, salt, yeast, water, egg and gelatinised flour pieces in a big mixing bowl.
(2) mix to form a soft dough, then add in butter and keep on kneading to get a smooth dough.
(3) then set aside to rest for an hour.
(4) punch dough to release air and knead to smooth dough.
(5) divide into two portion, roll out flat into rectangle shape.
(6) spread on cinnamon powder mixture and roll it up like a swiss roll.
(7) place them into a 4.5-5x9" tray lined with greaseproof paper.
(8) let them rest for another 45-60 mins.
Ingredients for cake mixture :
4 egg yolks
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 cup all purpose flour/cake flour
1 tbsp coffee powder (I used a pkt 3 in 1 white coffee powder)
3 tbsp corn oil
(whisk egg yolk & sugar untill creamy, then beat in flour & milk alternately untill combined. Finally, add mix in oil, beat to well mix.)
4 egg whites
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 tspn cream of tartar
( whisk egg white & cream of tartar untill foamy then add in sugar little by little and beat well)
(1) fold in mixture (B) into (A) in three batches and mix untill well combined.
(2) divide batter into two portion.
(3) pour each onto the well proof bread.
(4) finally, bake at preheated over 180'C for about 25-30 mins.
(5) remove bread from tray immediately after cooked and leave to cool on a tray.
This bread is just so delicious and extremely soft & fluffy. With the addition of cake sponge above it, simply amazing! I'm sure you're now drooling over the bread. haha.... How nice if you're all here to join me for tea. :o) Enjoy!