Roasted Curry Chicken
Basically, the idea of this roasted curry chicken was came from in between 'ayam percik' and 'ayam golek'. Since I love both chicken and I also love curry alot. So, was trying to combine the whole thing into one. No doubt! It was DARN delicious. The aroma of the exotic curry flavour simply amazing.
And here's what I did.
1 whole chicken, split into two
salt & pepper
1 tbsp curry powder
1 tspn turmeric powder
handful of curry leaves, rinsed
1/2 cup coconut milk
Ingredients for Curry Paste :
5 gloves garlic
1/2 inch fresh ginger
6 bird eye chilies
1 stalk lemongrass (about 4" from the bottom)
(blend all ingredients together become smooth paste)
(1) marinade chicken with salt & pepper and set aside.
(2) combine curry powder, turmeric powder and blended paste, mix well.
(3) preheat a pan/wok with about 1/2 cup cooking oil.
(4) stir in curry mixture and simmer untill fragrance.
(5) off the heat, then add in coconut milk and mix well.
(6) next, rub the chicken with the curry gravy and leave to chilled overnight.
(7) leave to room temperature for about half and hour before baking.
(8) finally, bake at preheated oven 200'c for about an hour.
This roasted chicken absolutely delicious when pairing it with rice, pasta, cous cous and pull apart chicken burger and so many more... I'm sure you'll love this as much as I do.
And not forgetting this lovely & colourful coleslaw, one of my children's favourite. I'm using the homemade coleslaw sauce adapted from Velva.
Ingredients for Coleslaw Sauce :
1 cup mayonaise
1/2 cup vinegar/apple cider vinegar
3 tbsp sugar
1-1/2 tspn salt
1 tspn ground black pepper
3 tbsp sour cream/yoghurt
1 tbsp yellow mustard powder
1 tbsn lemon juice
(combine all ingredients and blended to mix well)