Jaggery Sugar Jelly Layer Cake
jaggery sugar I used on my jelly. Very fragrant.
Ingredients for sponge :
3 egg yolk
70gm superfine flour
3 TB corn oil
1 tspn pandan coconut paste
3 egg white
1/4 tspn cream of tartar
Note : for 6" tray ~ 3 layers
but I made 3x 7-1/2" tray ~ 6 layers to make 2 cakes
for chocolate cake ~ use 50gm superfine flour + 20gm cocoa powder
(1) beat egg yolk & sugar till pale and fluffy.
(2) then alternately add in milk & flour till everything combined.
(3) next, beat in oil & pandan coconut paste and set aside.
(4) whisk ingredients (B) till peak form.
(5) now, fold egg white into (A) mixture in 3 batches till everything done.
(6) finally, bake at preheated oven 150'C for 30 mins and 170'C for 20 mins or till the tester came out clean.
(7) cooled to room temperature before slicing.
Ingredients for Jelly :
(for 8-1/2" tray ~ 3 layer 7-1/2" cake)
400ml thick coconut milk
85gm hoen kwee flour (white)
15gm agar-agar powder
200gm jaggery sugar
80gm brown sugar
* 1 TB syrup
1 cup roasted coconut for decoration
(1) combine hoen kwee flour, agar-agar powder and jaggery sugar into a pot and press the rock size sugar till nice & fine. It's easier to dissolve in that way.
(2) then stir in coconut milk & water to mix well.
(3) cook over medium heat by stirring constantly till mixture is thickened.
(4) divide mixture into 4 rice bowl equally.
TO ASSEMBLE :
(1) pour one portion of the jelly mixture to the pot slightly bigger than the sponge.
(2) place in a layer of sponge and slightly press the sponge to the jelly.
(3) pour in 2nd portion of jelly and spread to cover everything nicely.
(4) place in 2nd layer of sponge and again slightly press the sponge to the jelly.
(5) pour in 3rd portion of jelly and spread to cover everything nicely.
(6) place the last layer of sponge and again slightly press the sponge to the jelly.
(7) finally, pour in the last batch of jelly and spread to cover everything nicely.
(8) leave to cool at room temperature and then keep refrigerated overnight before serving.