6 whole chicken leg
300ml coconut milk
2 tbsp brown sugar
salt & pepper to taste
Ground Spices :
5 cloves garlic
3 stalks lemongrass
100gm galangal / blue ginger
1/2 inch ginger
10 bird-eye chilies
2 tspn ground turmeric
1 tspn ground cumin
2 tspn ground fennel
- marinade chicken with salt & pepper, and leave aside for about an hour.
- combine coconut milk with the ground spices in a pan and simmer over low heat.
- then add in seasoning to your taste and off the heat.
- add in the chicken, leave to marinade and keep refrigerated after cool.
(it's best to leave overnight before used)
- finally, grill the chicken and brush with remaining marinade sauce or'
- bake at 200'C for about an hour or untill brown.
Frankly, I don't buy this kind of grilled chicken often because none of them satisfied me. Maybe it's my own problem! I felt that there's always not enough spices or whatever. Yet, still homemade is the best! hehe.... So, enjoy!