Sunday, July 25, 2010

Nutty Wholemeal Bread Stick

The other day I was thinking what other bread is best to go along with my cup of coffee, other than the thin layer & crunchy fougasse? Emm.... grissini should be a nice one but a little too plain. Now, what about a little additional flavour on grissini!!!! A little nuts, seeds and dried fruits! So, here's what happened.

Ingredients :

200gm bread flour
100gm wholemeal flour (ATTA flour)
2 tbsp milk powder
100gm milk
1 egg
1/2 tspn salt
1/2 tspn yeast
30gm shortening
3 tbsp black sesame seeds
1 cup crashed roasted mixed nuts
1/3 cup raisins (for additional sweetness, optional)

Method :

- combine all ingredients except sesame seed & mixed nuts in a mixing bowl.
- knead to form a soft dough.
- add in all the mixed nuts & sesame seeds untill well combined.
- let to rest for an hour or untill double in size.




- punch dough to release air and knead till smooth.
- roll flat into rectangle, according to the length as desired.
- cut in stripes about 1/2" in width and then twist the dough.
- line dough to baking tray and let to rest for about 20-30 mins.
- finally, bake at 190'C for 20mins.

Psss.... I actually dipped them into peanut butter and nuttella. Guess, you know what's going to turn out! Yumm....yumm.....yumm.... chewing the bread stick with peanut butter & nuttella! The first thing came to my mind was 'Caution! These are killer sticks and they gonna torture you'. I can't do anything cause food and human mind is like magnetic force. Once negative meets positive ... nothing can stop it!

32 comments:

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

These breadsticks look & sound delicious! I'd be in trouble - I couldn't stop eating them... :)

Kumi said...

It looks really good AND healthy with all those nuts and dried fruit! Wish I had some here for my breakfast!

Angie's Recipes said...

These are the great cocktail snack!

smallkucing said...

Healthy and delicious. Kids sure to love this

the lacquer spoon said...

Healthy bread! It goes well with wine too, for sure :)

Shirley said...

I love the ingredients in this one Kristy. I am going to try this one.

Von said...

These look so yummy! I've never made breadsticks before- must try one day! I like the way these are twisted.....and the addition of raisins and nuts sounds delicious!

Cheah said...

Kristy, this is one artistic creation! Good job!

3 hungry tummies said...

Healthy and delicious! well done Kristy!

sowmya's creative saga said...

sounds delicious..

Anncoo said...

Looks so healthy! Can I join you for a cup of coffee, Kristy?

Jay said...

Hey Kristy,
one more interesting recipe from you da. Absolutely amazing.

My Little Space said...

Andrea : Haha.... yeah, I think we're all in trouble!

Kumi : Thanks! Hope you can join me.

Angie : Snack! Gosh, who could ever stop snacking!

Smallkucing : Kids don't love breads but they love dipping their breads into something interesting! hehe....

Spoon : I've never tried bread with wine! Wonder how it goes!

Shirley : Thanks! Hope your kids will like it.

Von : Hehe.... sounds yummy huh!

Cheah : Thank you for your nice words. So kind of you to say that.

3HungryTummies : Thank you very much!

Sowmya : Thanks!

Anncoo : Of coz, you're always welcome!

Jay : Thanks alot! You're such a darling.

Hi everyone, thanks alot for stopping by. Hope you will enjoy the bread recipe and have a fabulous day. And hopefully,it's not a blue Monday!

Cheers Always,
Kristy

Miranda said...

Wow. You are so talanted!!! This looks so complicated to make!

Belinda @zomppa said...

Love the nuttiness to these!

penny aka jeroxie said...

That is super clever! I am stealing this recipe. :D

Timeless Gourmet said...

These look GREAT! What a wonderful recipe - thank you for sharing.

wendyywy @ Table for 2..... or more said...

Ohh.. love this with soup..

MaryMoh said...

Mmmm...these look very addictive. I don't think I would want to keep count of how many I eat...will just eat all....haha. I would dip into condensed milk....yeah :D What an awesome recipe you shared, Kristy!

Laura in Paris said...

What a good idea for a cocktail or the "aperitvo" as they call in Italy. where I am, the drink before the meal.

Mary said...

These look lovely and sound delicious. It is very hard to find ATTA flour here, but I'll try your recipe using whole wheat instead. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

Cook with Madin said...

I agree food and human mind is like magnetic force. I will be in a lot trouble too. These are great and with nutella and peanut butter, TROUBLE but AWESOME.

alison said...

great way for make grissini!did you knew i onishlike it very much?:))

reanaclaire said...

kristy, ever thought of opening a shop? :P

Pete said...

Good, now I can use up my leftover Atta flour....LOL!

tigerfish said...

I love fresh breadsticks!

Velva said...

As soon as I saw that you were dipping your sticks into peanut butter and nutella, I knew it would go great with a good cup of coffee.

Kristy, you are so creative. I love it.

Jess @ Bakericious said...

looks so cruchy!

Lyndsey said...

These look so good! I love what you added to it all the nuts and seeds it's perfect! Yes, I'll have one right now, any left? Thanks Kristy!

Foodessa said...

Kristy...even I who has been staying away from adventuring into bread making...can certainly try making these.
They look so scrumptiously wonderful ;o)

Thanks for the inspiration and flavourful wishes,
Claudia

denise @ quickies on the dinner table said...

Your grissini look wonderful Kristy!! Far better than the ones I've had at Italian restaurants! Love the combination of nuts and seeds! They look gorgeous!

Tara said...

Hello!

I emailed you :) I hope you can respond whenever you can. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...