Another incredible Malaysian delicacies which my family loves very much. Even the name itself already tells you how good it is. 'Kam Heong' means the most fragrant & delicious, SO, do I need to explain more! Curry leaves are most frequently used in many Malaysian cuisines because of the incredible exotic aroma. Therefore, this recipe will not run without this special leaves. It simply lifted your taste bud instantly.
3 chicken thigh meat, sliced
1/2 egg white
salt & pepper to taste
1/2 tspn sesame oil
2/3 cup tapioca starch
Kam Heong ingredients :
1 tbsp chopped garlic
one bunch curry leaves
1/2 tbsp crashed black peppercorn
4 birds eye chilies, roughly chopped
1 tbsp curry powder
3 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1/2 tspn dark soy sauce
1 tbsp sugar
(1) marinade chicken with salt & pepper, sesame oil and egg white, set aside for 1/2 hour.
(2) stir in tapioca starch and make sure all the meat is well coated.
(3) fry untill golden and set aside.
(4) preheat wok/frying pan with just enough cooking oil.
(5) stir in chopped garlic, curry leaves and curry powder, saute untill fragrant.
(6) then add in the remaining seasoning included black pepper & chilies.
(7) simmer for a few seconds and stir in fried chicken meat, mix to well combined.
(8) and serve warm.
Other than cooking with chicken meat, this recipe is also widely used in cooking seafood especially crabs and prawns. The sauce is basically spicy sweet. And it's even splendid with a touch of crashed black pepper. Well, does it look addictive to you?
I'm sending this to Shaz @ Muhibbah Malaysian Monday event.