Savory Broiche Rolls
What got me into this.....making savory brioche! It's you... nope.... you there..... Penny @ Jeroxie. Yes, you! haha.... Still remember the review you wrote, on this Parisian Patisserie Broulangerie at North Essendon ? Oh boy, I just can't put my eyes off them..... those gorgeous mouthwatering pastries ~ Pane de Chocolat, I made Chocolate Filled Brioche instead. Beignets de creme, I made my first batch of Beignets & Beignets Pudding. And now here's my savory brioche. LOL! :o)
Ingredients for Brioche Dough :
3-3/4 cups bread flour
4 eggs, lightly beaten
3 tbsp sugar
1-1/2 tspn salt
1 cup milk
1 tbsp yeast
(1) combine all ingredients to form a sticky dough.
(2) set aside to proof for 40 mins, punch down the dough and wrap with plastic sheet.
(3) keep the sticky dough refrigerated for 3-4 hours or overnight.
200gm chicken sausage, chopped
1 large onion, diced
1 tspn crashed black pepper
salt & pepper to taste
1-1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
3/4 cup shredded mozarrela cheese
100gm spinach, roughly chopped
(1) preheat frying pan with about 3tbsp butter.
(2) stir in onion and chopped sausage, saute untill fragrant.
(3) add in salt & both pepper to taste, then off the heat & cool completely.
(4) place brioche dough onto a floured plastic sheet and roll flat.
(5) spread on the cooled sausage, follow by cheddar cheese.
(6) then cover with spinach and roll it up like a swiss roll.
(7) divide rolled dough into 8 portion, place it to 10x14" baking tray.
(8) top with shredded mozarrela cheese and leave to rest for about 15-20 mins.
(9) finally, bake at preheated oven 175'C for about 20 mins or untill brown.
That's the problem when you don't owned a large enough oven for your baked goods. Have to squeeze everything in one shot due to time concern. I think I should give them more space next time. Honestly, I don't think I have time for that because I was eyeing the other pastries ~ Almond Croissants & Apricot Brioche. Oh man, can't wait to put my hands on those yummilicious pastries! Hope you will like it too. Enjoy.