And here's the recipe.
Ingredients for pastry dough:
1 cup warm water
1/4 cup sugar
3 tspn yeast
(combine and let it stand for 5 mins)
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup milk
2 tbsp melted butter
2 cups bread flour
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tspn salt
(1) combine flour and salt in a big bowl.
(2) stir in ingredients (A), milk, butter & egg, then mix to form a soft dough.
(3) place dough in a covered container and keep refrigerated for 3 hours or more.
(4) then place dough onto a slightly floured working table and roll out flat around 1/2cm thickness.
(5) divide dough into equally square or rectangle shape and leave to rest for 10 mins.
*cinnamon icing sugar : 1 cup icing sugar + 1 tbsp cinnamon powder.
This is quite a large portion of recipe and there are plenty to serve. Would be great for this holiday season when family members gathered around enjoying this sweet little snacks. It actually tastes a little like the Chinese crullers, 'ham chim peng'. I stuffed some of them with lime curd cream and it is really really luscious. Enjoy everyone!
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL !