Saturday, December 4, 2010

Rosy Fig & Almond Biscotti

Hey guys, I'm back! I've been busy for the past couple of days. Something came up! Hopefully, I'll be able to visit you all soon. Are you in the mood of Christmas? Well, I am ! I can almost feel the winter breeze.... the chilling air and the LOVING Santa sings! And I also feel like having a rosy pink biscotti in hand with a cup of coffee. Actually, I am having it right now ! ^_^

And here's the recipe.

Ingredients :
100gm egg white (about 4 egg white)
3 tbsp sugar
1/4 tspn salt
1 egg yolk
1/4 tspn rose water/extract
1 tspn rose syrup
75gm all purpose flour
75gm millet flour
1 tspn baking powder
handful of whole dried fig
1/3 cup roasted chopped almond

Method :
(1) whisk egg white, sugar & salt untill foamy.
(2) beat in egg yolk, rose water & rose syrup untill well mixed.
(3) fold in both flour & baking powder to form a sticky dough.
(4) place dough to an oiled plastic sheet and shape dough as desired.
(5) bake at preheated oven 160'c for about 25-30 mins.
(I baked mine for about 35 mins due the thickness)
*
(7) leave the log to cool completely before slicing.
(8) then arrange the sliced biscotti to baking tray.
(9) and bake for the second time at 150'c for about 35 mins for loaf size or 25mins for normal flat size.

Listening to my favourite songs.... Lady In Red.... Hard To Say I'm Sorry.... True Colours.... Oh yes, I'm the biggest 80's fan !

You know what !!! We should appreciate what we have with us right now because every bite does count! Have a fabulous weekend everyone and enjoy.
*
Now... before ending this, I would like to thank these two wonderful ladies for sharing these beautiful awards with me. Thank you very much, ladies! I am honoured to be apart of this. You're such a darling!

This wonderful lady is from Ireland..... who else! Our loving Brownieville Girl ! Please do visit her lovely blog.
And thank you so much Dimah @ Orange Blossom Water! And please do visit her blog too. You'll be amazed by all her middle east recipes.
*
Hereby, I would like to share these awards to the following wonderful foodie friends.
*
(1) Kimberly @ Kimba's Kitchen
(2) Betty @ La Casa Di Betty
(4) Indie. Tea @ Darjeeling Dreams
(5) Bee @ Honey Bee Sweet
(8) Erin @ EKat's Kitchen
*
Please feel free to drop by to collect the button. Thank you!

44 comments:

Claudia said...

I love the rosy red biscotti for the holidays - so unique and pretty and scrumptious looking. You are getting me in the mood...

divya said...

wow, that is super delicious looking.

Bo said...

I like the color!

Bridgett said...

I love the rose water in there! These look lovely.

Heavenly Housewife said...

Pretty in pink daaaaaahling. I love the bits with the figs, they look so lovely in there.
Congrats on your award :D
*kisses* HH

Belinda @zomppa said...

I love the color of this!!

♥Sugar♥Plum♥Fairy♥ said...

COngrats on ur wonderful award and lovely biscotti!
The rosy hue is so good for the season + the figs peepin by look so cute!
happy weekend babe and thannk u for all ur love , goodwill and support!
Must tell u i really appreciate u gestures!
Happy weekend!

elra said...

Beautiful bread :)

Dimah said...

Looks beautiful and delicious,Yum!

Andrea@WellnessNotes said...

I love the color of the biscotti! Pink is my favorite color after all... :-)

And the dried figs sound and look wonderful!

Food, Fun and Life in the Charente said...

I love biscotti I must try this recipe. Diane

Pegasuslegend said...

rosy red biscotti for the holidays so pretty imaginative and amazingly delicious looking what a great honor to be among the wonderful talented foodies here your the sweetest blogger! and so deserving of this award thank you so much! I am terrible at doing these as I never have the time to devote thanks so much will certainly try and catch up after the holiday!

Anncoo said...

This looks special and festive. One is not enough for me *.*

Barbara said...

What an unusual biscotti, Kristy! I love figs and the color is perfect for the season!

Hayley said...

This looks so tempting!! Can I have some for breakfast Kristy? I'm hungry....
haha..

Small Kucing said...

lucky am not on diet else will pengsan see this delicious post

alison said...

such a great combination in your biscotii,looks lovely!

Honey Bee Sweets said...

Oh wow, such a special biscotti flavor! You have to patent it Kristy! Love the sweet rosy color...plus the figs gives the extra texture, yum yum! Can I come over for coffee, heehee!
Plus, thank you for the lovely awards! *hugs* ;))

Beth said...

Looks wonderful. And congrats to all the award winners!

lena said...

another surpise combination from you..oh yeah..i'm also crazy about hits from the 80's..too many memories about that..ooh..i guess we're almost that age group!haha! congrats too on your award!

MaryMoh said...

Totally beautiful! I can just imagine how good it is with a cup of coffee...yum. Congrats on the awards. You really deserve it! Love your blog. Hope you receive more. Have a lovely day!

Jeannie said...

Very pretty! I must try making biscotti soon! Been telling myself that lol! Congrats on your awards too!

reanaclaire said...

Yes, Biscotti goes well with coffee... though I dont drink coffee, i know by watching the Forensic Heroes on TV..the main actor said that.. hahaha...

Abbey said...

Beautiful! I love figs in just about anything, I'm sure these are delicious!

Elin said...

figs in biscotti...that is amazing :) Love it with a cup of hot coffee too. Fedex some over for me for supper :) Thanks Kristy for another wonderful recipe :)

Fresh Local and Best said...

I like how the sliced fig is displayed in this dessert. It's beautiful and intriguing.

Zoe said...

Your pink biscotti is very beautiful displaying the perfectly sliced fig on them.

I'm very flattered to receive the award from you. Being a new blogger, I have a lot more to learn from you. Thanks for the recognition :D

Megan said...

Hi Kristy! Love the biscotti.... the pink is so feminine and sweet! Wish I was having a piece with you! xoxo Megan

3 hungry tummies said...

You are such a creative baker! Looks very delicious!

Jess @ Bakericious said...

Kristy, congrats on your awards!

foodies at home said...

What an interesting and unexpected shape for biscotti! I love the big chunks of fig!

Angie's Recipes said...

Fig biscotti...that sounds so special and tempting!

penny aka jeroxie said...

I love the generousity of figs.

My Little Space said...

Hi Everyone,

Firstly, I would like to apologize for being away for so long. I'll try my best to get back to all of you very very soon. Thank you all for visiting and spending your time here with me.
Wishing all the very best and have a fabulous holiday festive season.
Blessings, Kristy

Cheah said...

Welcome back! Those biscotti look just right for tea now!

Lyndsey said...

Kristy, firstly, no need to apologize for being away a bit...life happens....of course we miss you, but as long as you come back...we're good! :D

I love the looks of your biscotti and I have a hot cup of coffee right now and I'm missing something for breakfast! ;) I have some rosewater sitting on my shelf right now too....hmmmm...maybe!

Emily Malloy said...

I BET every bite is goodness!

It is gorgeous.

Mary said...

What fabulous color. Your biscotti will be wonderful for the holidays. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

Foodessa said...

These cookies are perfect and the color is very festively cheerful. I have a little bit of pomgranate syrup...I think that may work well to give me this gorgeous look.
The figs are the bonus ;o)

Thanks Kristy and hope everything is well.

Flavourful wishes,
Claudia

tigerfish said...

Love that rose hint on the biscotti.

Betty said...

carini e invitanti i tuoi biscotti rossi, da copiare :-P
grazie mille per aver pensato a me per questi premi, ne sono davvero felice.
a presto, baci.

Diana's Cocina said...

What beautiful biscotti! I can just imagine how good it taste, and with a cup of coffee...bliss.

Alice Law said...

I always like biscotti with a cup of fragrant coffee!^-^

Cheah said...

Hi Kristy
Have put up a Biscotti post today and have mentioned your recipe too.
Enjoy your day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...