Beignet Apple Pudding
Since there are plenty of homemade Beignet. I kept some for the pudding recipe. This is actually a bread pudding recipe which is commonly used. I just replacing the bread to beignet. The pudding custard is more or less similar to pot de creme. It's sweet and with fragrant egg flavour. Frankly, I still think it's pretty plain though. So, added in some interesting stuffs to the pudding instead of going plain. And here we go.
Ingredients for pudding custard:
2 large eggs
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
25gm butter, melted & cooled
2 cups buttermilk
1 tspn vanilla extract
1 tspn lemon zest
1 large green apple, diced (or pear)
1 tbsp raisins
1 tbsp shredded candied nutmeg
5 beignet, sliced
(1) prepare 4 coffee mugs with diced apple, raisins and sliced beignet, and set aside.
(2) whisk eggs and both sugar untill thick and pale in colour.
(3) add in all other custard ingredient and mix well.
(4) pour mixture to the prepared coffee mugs untill about 90% full.
(5) water bath bake at 150'C preheated oven for an hour or untill set.
Oh yes, really interesting flavour combo! Imagine every bite filled with surprises and love the toasted beignet. I like it warm and it's such a great comfort.
Finally, I can see the sun coming out today. It has been raining for almost a week and can hardly see the sun. So, I quickly get all the laundry done and dry them up under the hot sun. Phew.... what a day! Don't you love those fresh clean laundry smell ! Hmmm.....mm.... Hope you all having a terrific time too! Enjoy.