Sunday, December 26, 2010

Beignet Apple Pudding

Since there are plenty of homemade Beignet. I kept some for the pudding recipe. This is actually a bread pudding recipe which is commonly used. I just replacing the bread to beignet. The pudding custard is more or less similar to pot de creme. It's sweet and with fragrant egg flavour. Frankly, I still think it's pretty plain though. So, added in some interesting stuffs to the pudding instead of going plain. And here we go.

Ingredients for pudding custard:
2 large eggs
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
25gm butter, melted & cooled
2 cups buttermilk
1 tspn vanilla extract
1 tspn lemon zest
Fillings :
1 large green apple, diced (or pear)
1 tbsp raisins
1 tbsp shredded candied nutmeg
5 beignet, sliced


Method :
(1) prepare 4 coffee mugs with diced apple, raisins and sliced beignet, and set aside.
(2) whisk eggs and both sugar untill thick and pale in colour.
(3) add in all other custard ingredient and mix well.
(4) pour mixture to the prepared coffee mugs untill about 90% full.
(5) water bath bake at 150'C preheated oven for an hour or untill set.

Oh yes, really interesting flavour combo! Imagine every bite filled with surprises and love the toasted beignet. I like it warm and it's such a great comfort.
Finally, I can see the sun coming out today. It has been raining for almost a week and can hardly see the sun. So, I quickly get all the laundry done and dry them up under the hot sun. Phew.... what a day! Don't you love those fresh clean laundry smell ! Hmmm.....mm.... Hope you all having a terrific time too! Enjoy.

24 comments:

Alice Law said...

The recipe sound simple and easy to make, I just wish I can replace the beignet bread with other common bread that easier to buy from a bakery!^-^

Have a joyful holiday!

tigerfish said...

I don't think I ahve tried beignet bread :O

Happy New Year!

Angie's Recipes said...

Yummy! They are picture perfect.

Cooking Gallery said...

Yum, this sounds like a lovely dessert! I wish you and your family happy and relaxing holidays :)!

Anncoo said...

Hi Kristy, finally I can squeeze some time for visiting. The pudding looks delicious and you're really creative :)
Merry Christmas (hehee sorry being late to say that)

Drick said...

interesting bread pudding, but you know, it won't pass the muster down here in the south with out a little bourbon... like the buttermilk in the custard, makes for a very flavorful mouthful of good taste I know... Hope your New Year is the best ever and warm wishes for a blessed year to come.......

Claudia said...

Kristy - you are an enchantress in the kitchen. All bread puddings make me full warm and fuzzy all over - I love the idea of the beignet!

CheapAppetite said...

yum! I'm glad you twisted the recipe and made your own beignet pudding concoction. It looks so amazing! I'd definitely love to try one:) I wish you and your family a very happy holidays and a great year to come. Cheers,Tana

Jess @ Bakericious said...

Kristy, you are always so creative to come out new ideas!

Blackswan said...

Hey Kristy, I thought this dish looks pretty & I'm sure it tastes good as well. Merry X'mas to u!

Wai Kitt said...

Yum yum!!!Great for tea time!

penny aka jeroxie said...

You know my love for bread pudding! YUM!

My Little Space said...

Alice : Thanks! You can actually use any type of bread which you think it's more convinient to you. Hope you'll like it.

Tigerfish : It's my first attempt too! It's quite similar to our Chinese 'ham chim peng'! he..

Angie : Thanks alot! Glad to hear from you.

Cooking Gallery : Same to you!

Ann : I know it's a hectic month after all. I've been extremely busy too especially school going to reopen soon.

Drick : How I wish to have some bourbon or rum on this! Sounds absolutely wonderful. I have to try hard to look out for these ingredients. :o) Thanks alot.

Claudia : Thank you very much for your sweet words. Glad you like it too!

Tana : Same to you, sweetie! Hope you will love this. :o)

Jess : Thank you again for your lovely words. You have a great holiday too!

Shirley : Same to you! Have fun, sweetie.

WaiKitt : Ha... I think we're running wide on this festive season. Have to control our appetite! haha....

Penny : :o) Glad you like it!

Thanks so much everyone for spending you valueable time here with me today. It's been a great pleasure of having you all around on this festive season.

Hope you're all enjoying your day and have lots of fun.

Blessings, Kristy

Jeannie said...

Just hopped over to read your beignet post cos no idea what that is lol! This looks interesting and flavourful!

Heavenly Housewife said...

Such a clever idea to use up the left over beignet, but if it was me, there wouldn't have been leftovers LOL.
*kisses* HH

Julie said...

Sounds just delightful indeed! Hope you and your family had a great Christmas :)

Roxan said...

Oh my, bread pudding with the beignets? That sounds amazing! I wish I could have some right now. Whoever gets to eat everything you make is a lucky lucky person.

Lyndsey said...

Yes, I love that fresh laundry smell...I wish I could bottle it! Glad your rain stopped.

Kristy this dessert looks amazing. I love how you add all your special touches to your dishes. It makes them so wonderful and interesting! It makes me always want to try it!

Thanks for adding it to Tailgating Time!

Cheers!

Velva said...

Wow, this sounds so delicious. This is a wonderful flavor combination. Yum.

Little Inbox said...

Bread pudding is in my to-do list for long long time, but it's still pending. My hands are getting itchy now, haha...

Martha (MM) said...

Sounds wonderful!! Thanks so much for linking it up to Tailgating Time this week! :-)

Debbie said...

Bread pudding is usually a Christmas Eve tradition at our house, but I've never made it with beignet. I'll have to give your idea a try soon. Thanks for sharing it.

Sanjeeta kk said...

The pudding looks delicious and beautiful!

Lovely to have dropped to your wonderful space.
Happy 2011 to you!

Emily Malloy said...

Absolutely perfect!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...