Bamboo Shoot In Thick Coconut Gravy @ Masak Lemak
1/2 kg bamboo shoots, sliced
1 cup thick coconut milk
2 cups water
1-1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
3 lemongrass, cut into 3" length each,
1 turmeric leaf, thinly sliced
1 large onion, sliced
salt to taste
Pounded Ingredients :
2 inches ginger
5 gloves garlic
10-15 bird eye chilies (depends on spiciness as desired)
(1) heat oil and stir in lemongrass till fragrant, then add in pounded ingredients & turmeric powder and saute till fragrant.
(2) now, add in bamboo shoots and stir to mix well.
(3) next, add in coconut milk & water and bring it to boil.
(4) then lower the heat and let bamboo shoots simmer till tender for about 15-20 mins. At the same time gravy will became thicken, if possible add in more water.
(5) finally, add in turmeric leaf, onion & salt (5 mins before off the heat).
casava/tapioca leaves, young jackfruit and many kinds of green leaves. I'm sure you guys will enjoy it.
I'm sending this to Shaz & Suresh @ Muhibbah Malaysian Monday.