1 cup water
1 cup date, chopped
180gm brown sugar
1 egg, beatened
2 cup all purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tspn baking soda
(1) place ingredients (A) in small saucepan, stir over heat till sugar dissolved, without boiling.
(2) then leave to cool completely.
(3) next, stir in ingredients (B) and mix to combine.
(4) spoon batter to two 3 x 4.5" roll tins, lined with parchment paper.
(5) finally bake at preheated oven 170-175'C for about 50-60 mins.
(6) stand rolls for 5 mins before removing and then turning onto wire rack to cool before slicing.
I'm sending this to wild yeast @ Yeastspotting.