Sunday, August 5, 2012

Brown Sugar Date Roll

I finally have time to bake something today and hopefully be able to post it out by the end of the day. It's  fasting month and also meaning that Hari Raya will be coming soon. Dates are easily to be found almost everywhere during this time of the year. Date is the best energy boosting food source during Ramadhan (fasting month). And it's highly recommended to all Muslims. Last year, I made something (here) out of the dates and this year I have something else in mind. And here's what I did.


Ingredients :
(A)
1 cup  water
1 cup  date, chopped
60gm  butter
180gm  brown sugar

(B)
1 egg, beatened
2 cup  all purpose flour
1 tbsp  baking powder
1/2 tspn  baking soda

Method :
(1) place ingredients (A) in small saucepan, stir over heat till sugar dissolved, without boiling.
(2) then leave to cool completely.
(3) next, stir in ingredients (B) and mix to combine.
(4) spoon batter to two 3 x 4.5" roll tins, lined with parchment paper.
(5) finally bake at preheated oven 170-175'C for about 50-60 mins.
(6) stand rolls for 5 mins before removing and then turning onto wire rack to cool before slicing.

The texture of the roll is really moist. Not to mention about the flavour of brown sugar. It's absolutely beautiful. Hope you guys will like it too.
*
I'm sending this to wild yeast @ Yeastspotting.

13 comments:

Amelia said...

Hi Kristy, HAPPY FRIENDSHIP DAY TO YOU.

Your roll look delicious, very nice texture. Have a nice weekend, warm regards.

Food, Fun and Life in the Charente said...

Mmmm that looks so delicious and what a good idea. Have a great friendship day. Diane

Medeja said...

Looks very yummy!

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Maybe enjoy with vanilla ice cream also nice, I also want to try a dates pudding that I have bookmarked long ago.

Vivian Pang said...

I like dates and brown sugar. I'm sure I like this roll! Thanks for the great idea!

Angie's Recipes said...

A nutritious and delicious bread, Kristy.

Dewi said...

Another delicious bread creation. Super!

Mich - Piece of Cake said...

This is a great recipe I could try baking with dates... I have been looking at all the dates available at the supermarket and wondering if I can make something from it.

Nammi said...

I love cooking with dates, this looks delicious. Have a lovely day kristy!

Cheah said...

Your date roll is so cute, Kristy. Btw what sort of a mould is that tin?

Cass @ 揾到食 said...

Oh, i also eyeing of those dates and searching for some recipes.
Yours look yummy and thanks for sharing :)

My Little Space said...

Hi Everyone,

Thanks so much for visiting and also thanking all for leaving down your lovely comment. It always wonderful spending with you guys.

Cheah : those are canned fruit tins. I think it's Laici canned.

Looking forward seeing you guys more often. Hope you're all having a fabulous day.

Best regards
Kristy

Sutapa said...

How are you dear friend ....I missed lot of your baked goodies but once I am back its so full filling to see such yummy roll waiting for me..!
Great going ...Happy belated friendship day to a darling friend!:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...