Fluffy Yeasted Peach Tart

What happened today is I managed to spare out a little time to enjoy myself in my very own kitchen and ended up making something sweet and simple. While my boy loves asking me questions whenever I'm busying in the kitchen.....such like "mom, what are you doing? are you making something good? I'm craving for something classy & fabulous! Can you make me something really really delicious?...and go on & on & on...." Phew.... he is such a picky eater and he is quite particular with his food as well. However, I'm glad he went speechless after having a few of them. :o) At least, I managed to keep his mouth shut for a while. haha....

So, here's what I did.
Ingredients for yeasted dough :
400gm  bread flour
2 tbsp  sugar
2 tspn  yeast
1 egg
200ml  lukewarm water
1 tspn  salt
40 gm butter, chopped

*egg yolk for glazing & 1 tin canned peaches (8pcs)

Method :
(1) combine flour, sugar & yeast into a big mixing bowl then add in egg & water, mix to form a soft dough.
(2) next, add in butter & salt and knead dough till smooth.
(3) set aside to rest for an hour or till double in size.
(4) now, punch dough to release air and knead to smooth.
(5) then place dough to a slightly floured working table and divide dough into 8 portions or any sizes as desired.
(6) shape into ball each and let to rest on the table for 5-10 mins.
(7) slightly flatten each when ready, then place them to trays.
(8) now, flatten the center with a glass or whatever if possible as long as the size is smaller than the dough. (just like making the kolaches)
(9) put some custard to the center of the flattened dough and then top with halved peach.
(10) again let to rest for about 15-20 mins and finally brush with egg glaze onto yeasted dough.
(11) next, bake at preheated oven 185-190'C for about 15-20 mins or till brown.
(12) leave to cool before drizzle on frosting.

Ingredients for custard :
200ml  milk
2 egg yolk
2-1/2 tbsp  sugar
1/4 tspn homemade vanilla extract
1 tbsp  butter

Method :
(1) combine milk, egg yolk and sugar into a saucepan and then heat with medium fire till the mixture became thicken.
(2) next off the heat and stir in vanilla extract & butter till everything well mixed.

Ingredients for Sugar glazing :
1 cup  icing sugar
1-1/2 tbsp  milk (it's best to add in bit by bit)
2 drops  vanilla extract
(combine all ingredients & mix well then place it to piping bag and ready to use.)

The size of these babies just perfect to serve each individually. That is what I like about it. My kids enjoyed every bit of them. While I lucky enough managed to have one out of eight of them. haha.... Enjoy !
*
I'm sending this to Wild Yeast @ Yeastspotting.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...