Monday, October 29, 2012

Blue Cheese Lemon Sticks

You know? I just found out I have missed out this year World Bread Day event. I thought it was on November. Errr.....so frustrating. I've been waiting for one whole year for this special event and I forgot about it...... huh....totally speechless. What the heck! I really need to bake myself some breads....loads of them to release my frustration. LOL. So, you probably will be seeing me posting more breads in future. haha.... NAaaa..... Just kidding ! Well, there always next year.

Ingredients :
(A)
500gm  all purpose flour
1-1/2 tspn  yeast
4 TB  honey
170ml    milk
100ml   water
50gm  blue cheese, chopped
1 lemon zest

(B)
2 TB   butter
1 tspn  salt

*Egg glazing : 1 egg yolk + 1 TB milk

Method :
(1) combine all ingredients (A) into mixing bowl and stir to form a soft dough then add in ingredients (B) and knead dough till nice & smooth.
(2) let dough rest for an hour or till double in size then punch & knead dough to release air.
(3) now, place it to a slightly floured working table.and roll dough out flat about 11x11" & cut into thin & short sticks.
(4) line them to baking tray & again let to rest for about 20 mins then brush on egg glaze.
(5) finally, bake at preheated oven 195-200'C for about 13-15 mins or till brown.


OK now! I am looking forward to 2013 World Bread Day event. Please remind me if I forgotten it again. haha...
*
I'm sending this to Wild Yeast @ Yeastspotting & Bake Your Own Bread #Oct .

18 comments:

cquek said...

Gorgeous!love that decadent flavour

Nammi said...

oooooooh, love that soft fluffy bread!!.

Lizzy Do said...

Oh, what yummy breadsticks! I love that you've added blue cheese...incredible!

Pam said...

Oh, with blue cheese. This is a must try. thanks!

Mich - Piece of Cake said...

Blue cheese and lemon sounds like a very nice combination. Blue cheese has a special flavour so I am sure your bread must be very flavourful.

Vivian Pang said...

I have no idea how blue cheese taste like. Your bread stick look amazingly yummy. If happen to bake will substitute with cheddar cheese. Bookmarked! Thanks!

claudia lamascolo said...

very tasty combo!

Elin Chia said...

Kristy....gosh, these finger licking good finger bread looks delicious with blue cheese ! Thanks for sharing and as I just before you are so creative :) Well done ! Have a nice day...though the weather is so very hot these days :(

Cheah ~ No-Frills Recipes said...

Your bread sticks look soft and inviting.... good to dip in some hot soup!

WokandSpoon said...

I'm not a fan of blue cheese but your cheese sticks are all so perfectly brown and uniform! Looks nice and fluffy as well!

Angie's Recipes said...

These bread sticks look super duper delicious, Kristy. Love the add of blue ;-)

Amelia said...

Hi Kristy, your bread sticks look extremely good. Very well baked and the texture look so good. Can pass me 2 sticks?LOL

Have a nice week ahead.

MaryMoh said...

At first I thought it is yao char kwai....how wrong!....haha. Thinking of yao char kwai too much :P Your bread sticks look beautiful and delicious. I think they would taste great dipped in lemon sauce.....mmmm. Hope you have a lovely day.

Amy said...

Oh my, these look so scrumptious! World Bread Day or not, I'll make these in a heartbeat! Can't wait to give these a try. My family enjoys all kinds of bread. :P

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

dip this with creamy mushroom soup, must be very tasty!

lena said...

ok, i will remind you next year of the world bread day. er..when is the date? LOL!

Gloria said...

these look amazing!!

WizzyTheStick said...

You never disappoint always something original and crave worthy coming out of your kitchen. This is no exception

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...