Thursday, November 22, 2012

Gluten-Free & Vegan Yeasted Buckwheat Muffin With Dried Apples

I've been a great fan of eggless, gluten-free and even vegan recipes lately. It's definitely challenging and even exciting being apart of this. And finally, tried my homemade dried apples on this special yeasted gluten-free & vegan muffins.

So, here's what I did.
Ingredients :
1-1/2 cup  buckwheat flour
1/2 cup  rice flour
1/2 cup  corn flour
1/2 cup  tapioca flour
1/2 cup  sugar
1/2 tspn  baking soda
2 tspn  baking powder
1/2 tspn  salt
2 TB  yeast
1 cup  soy milk
4 TB  cooking oil
1 cup  homemade dried apple, cut small
* (or you may replace both corn & tapioca flour with potato starch)

Method :
(1) combine all the dry ingredients into a big bowl and stir in milk to form a sticky paste.
(2) immediately place mixture to 9 muffin cups lined with paper cups & let to rest for 30 mins or till nicely rise.
(3) finally, sprinkle the top with sugar & cinnamon powder and then bake at preheated oven 175'C for about 20 mins.
(4) let them cool over a wire rack before serving.

These yeasted muffins simply delish especially with buckwheat. The aroma is light & wonderful even without any special additional flavouring. All you need is to spread on some butter & jam and enjoy every bit of it. Hope you guys will love it too. Enjoy.
*
I'm sending this to Yeastspotting & BYOB & Wednesday Extragavanza #5.

11 comments:

Heather Schmitt-Gonzalez said...

I love dried apples...and I love that these muffins are yeasted! Delicious combo and lovely way to start the day. :)

Mich Piece of Cake said...

I think gluten free is definitely a healthier diet... I try to do so at times. This apple muffin looks good.

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Very healthy muffin indeed.

Shannon @ JustAsDelish said...

oh i've never thought can use yeast in gf muffins. great idea. pinning this to try. If i didn't discover I have wheat allergy, I wouldnt have discovered so many wonderful flours to work with. I just posted a great gf apple strawberry cake, taste so good with buckwheat flour and almond meal.

Cheah ~ No-Frills Recipes said...

Your muffins must be very delicious and nutritious too!

Rosita Vargas said...

Lucen exquisitos y saludables me encantan,abrazos hugs,hugs.

cikmanggis said...

Hi kristy....apa khabar?tk sempat nk singgah ke "dapur"Kristy....sibuk memanjang.

Wah resipi begini yg Cm cari.Gluten free....sungguh sihat .Nk try buat apple kering dulu.Terima kasih :)

Amy @ Pounds4Pennies said...

Mmm.. I have some buckwheat flour I need to use up. I just might make these! Please stop by to link up at our Pin It Wednesday LINKY party

lena said...

you're coming up with amazing recipes. so the texture is bread like? i like the finishing look of your muffins!

Angie's Recipes said...

These are my type of healthy and tasty breakfast muffins!

Angie's Recipes said...

Oops, I meant to leave the comment on your muffin post.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...