Tuesday, November 27, 2012
Love It Or Hate It ~ Durian Yogurt Mousse Cake
So, here's what I did.
4 egg yolk
1/3 cup flour
3TB cocoa powder
2TB cooking oil
4 egg white
1/2 tspn cream of tartar (optional)
2 TB sugar
a pinch of salt
(1) beat ingredients (A) till smooth and pale.
(2) then whisk ingredients (B) till foamy & stiff.
(3) now, mix ingredient (B) into (A) in 3 batches till everything well combined.
(4) pour batter to a 8" tray, greased and coated with flour base.
(5) finally, bake at preheated oven 150'C for 20 mins & then 175'C 30 mins or till tester came out clean.
(6) leave to cool before releasing the cake from pan.
*I usually bake my sponge cake whenever I have time and then keep them into freezer. And use them whenever I want. Really convenient.
Ingredients for Durian Yogurt Mousse :
300-400gm durian meat, mashed
250ml plain yogurt
500ml heavy cream
4 TB sugar
2-1/2 TB gelatine (soaked in 1/3 cup water)
(1) firstly, melt gelatine till dissolved & set aside.
(2) now, whip cream till stiff.
(3) finally, place all ingredients into a big bowl and hand mix till everything well combined.
*Cake decoration : 300-400ml non-dairy whipping cream.
(for dairy whipping cream, add in 2TB icing sugar for flavouring)
(1) cut sponge into two(2) layers and line one layer to a 8" springfoam pan.
(2) then spread half portion of durian mousse over the 1st layer of sponge and cover it with another layer of sponge.
(3) finally, spread the remaining mousse over the final sponge evenly and then keep refrigerated for at least 2 hours or till set.
(4) remove cake from pan and decorate it with whipped cream.
Tips : it's best to use a taller hard cover plastic sheet to surround the inner cake pan, so that the mousse can be fully spread over the final sponge.