Nazook pastry. The Armenian cake often called for freshly grated nutmeg and brown sugar. And the cake is normally surrounded by a layer of sweet crust which produced such extraordinary crunchiness that I like about. So, here another piece of work I did.
1 tspn baking soda
1-1/2 tspn nutmeg powder
200gm all purpose flour
50gm hazelnut meal
280gm brown sugar
2 tspn baking powder
150gm cold butter, diced
30gm hazelnut meal
1.2 cup candied shredded nutmeg
(1) firstly, combine milk & baking soda and set aside.
(2) now, combine ingredients (B) into a big bowl and mix well and then rub in butter till everything well combined.
(3) press 1/2 portion of (B) mixture to a 8" spring foam pan and set aside.
(4) then combine the remaining 1/2 portion of (B) mixture together with ingredients (A) and beat well.
(5) pour the batter to the biscuit base pan and top with ingredients (D).
(6) finally, bake at preheated oven 175'C for about 60-70 mins or till the tester came out clean.
(7) cool the cake before demolding it.