And here's what I did.
1 whole chicken, chopped in pieces
2 tbsp turmeric powder
salt & pepper to taste
Blended Paste :
1 inch ginger
1 large onion
5 cloves garlic
1 inch fresh lengkuas/blue ginger
1 inch fresh turmeric
2 stalk lemongrass, 2 inches from the bottom part (sliced)
handful of bird eye chilies
(1) marinade chicken pieces with salt & pepper and turmeric powder, leave to rest for 1/2 hour.
(2) deep fried the chicken till brown, then set aside.
(3) remove cooking oil from wok or pan and leave only about 1/2 cup of it.
(4) on the heat and stir in the blended mixture, then saute till fragrant.
(5) next add in fried chicken and simmer over low heat till everything well blended for about 15 mins. Stir constantly to prevent burnt.
(6) remove the chicken once the strong aroma of spices appeared & blended paste became dried, make sure you don't burnt it.
Wishing all my readers a very Happy Holiday Season. Enjoy & have loads of fun !