Morus. I managed to grab two packets of these (at RM3.99) on last weekend when shopping at Jusco. Oooo....how lucky am I !!! I actually discussed about the mulberry plants with Vivian a few months back and she told me that her father in law has some in his Nursery shop in Seremban. I definitely will hop over some day to get them when I'm free, but NOT at this moment. However, I at least got the chance to try out the fresh berries before I owned one of those plants. How nice ! :o)
7 egg white
4 TB sugar
7 egg yolks
1 TB sugar
1 tspn vanilla
2 tspn lemon zest
80gm all purpose flour
2 TB corn oil
*1 cup fresh mulberries, washed & dust with flour
(1) beat ingredients (A) till stiff & foamy, set aside.
(2) cream ingredients (B) till light & creamy pale, then slowly fold (B) into mixture (A) in 3 batches till everything well combined. Do not beat the mixture.
(3) now, fold in flour bit by bit & follow by oil till well mixed.
(4) then place batter to a 9" greased tray alternately by adding in mulberries.
(5) finally, bake at preheated oven 185'C for about 25 mins or till tester came out clean.
(6) once it's done, quickly remove pan from oven and place it up side down with proper stand. (I placed it to a glass bottle in the middle)
(7) remove sponge from pan once it's nicely cooled.
Note : there's no milk or any other liquid added in on this recipe.