Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Fresh Mulberry Mille High Sponge Cake

Oooo....FRESH MULBERRIES ! Also known as Morus. I managed to grab two packets of these (at RM3.99) on last weekend when shopping at Jusco. Oooo....how lucky am I !!! I actually discussed about the mulberry plants with Vivian a few months back and she told me that her father in law has some in his Nursery shop in Seremban. I definitely will hop over some day to get them when I'm free, but NOT at this moment. However, I at least got the chance to try out the fresh berries before I owned one of those plants. How nice ! :o)

At the same time, I knew I got to try out the Mille High sponge cake as well. So, this is the combination between the two. Simply Superbbbb.....

Ingredients :
(A)
7 egg white
4 TB  sugar

(B)
7 egg yolks
1 TB  sugar
1 tspn  vanilla
2 tspn  lemon zest

(C)
80gm   all purpose flour
2 TB corn oil

*1 cup  fresh mulberries, washed & dust with flour

Method :
(1) beat ingredients (A) till stiff & foamy, set aside.
(2) cream ingredients (B) till light & creamy pale, then slowly fold (B) into mixture (A) in 3 batches till everything well combined. Do not beat the mixture.
(3) now, fold in flour bit by bit & follow by oil till well mixed.
(4) then place batter to a 9" greased tray alternately by adding in mulberries.
(5) finally, bake at preheated oven 185'C for about 25 mins or till tester came out clean.
(6) once it's done, quickly remove pan from oven and place it up side down with proper stand. (I placed it to a glass bottle in the middle)
(7) remove sponge from pan once it's nicely cooled.

Note : there's no milk or any other liquid added in on this recipe.

The cake came out really soft & fluffy. Can't wait to have my first bite on it. It tastes almost the same as chiffon sponge cake except that chiffon is smoother & lighter due to the milk used in it. Mille High sponge tastes as good though. And those fresh mulberries tastes almost the same as blueberry or blackberry !  Sourish sweet....yummm.....

18 comments:

reana claire said...

I also cannot resist a bite too if the cake is right in front of me! :)

wvfy said...

Kristy , thanks for sharing!! I have plant this local mulberry behind my kitchen and dunno what to do with its fruits.

Belinda said...

The texture is so lovely! I adore sponge cakes.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kisty

Thank you for the recipe of Fresh Mulberry Mille High Sponge Cake. I noticed there was no oil neither milk used.

Could you confirm?

Blessings
Priscilla Poh
Singapore

Happy Valley Chow said...

What a beautiful look sponge cake, definitely want to give this a try!

Happy Blogging!
Happy Valley Chow

Small Kucing said...

Mmm wish I can sinkbmy teeth in them

Mary Bergfeld said...

What a lovely texture. I don't have access to mulberries but I have blackberries aplenty. I have to try this.Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Betty said...

caspita Kristy, è eccezionale!!!
complimenti!
un abbraccio grande.
a presto.

lena said...

i love the picture from the top view..looks fluffy indeed!

~~louise~~ said...

You sure are one lucky gal Kristy! The Mulberries look gorgeous and that Mile High Sponge Cake scrumptious!

Thank you so much for sharing...

My Little Space said...

Hi Everyone,

First of all, I have to apologize for the recipe ingredients. I have actually left out the oil. However, there's no milk is used on this recipe. Must take not of that cause it's not the same as chiffon. That's why this is called Mille High sponge.

Thanks everyone for spending your valueable time with me today. It's always great to see you guys around. ((hugs)) Hope you're all having a wonderful week.

Blessings, Kristy

divya said...

Truly delicious...Such tempting clicks :)

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Never tasted this berries before, have to keep an eagle eyes when I go shopping at Jusco next time..

Jess @ Bakericious said...

I never try this berries before, next time must go hunt for it lol.

Angie Schneider said...

I probably would have finished half of the sponge cake! So soft, light and irresistible!

Lyndsey Chapin said...

Hi Kristy, I missed coming here so much. I love the mulberry photo...it makes me want to grab a handful! We used to pick them when I was a child on our way to the store. yum! brings back memories. Your cakes always look so moist...I wish I could taste it for myself.

Thanks for being there for me during my family tragedy. A day doesn't go by that I don't think about and miss my parents. I am trying to get back into blogging...it might take getting used to all over again.
XOXO,
Lyndsey

Quay Po Cooks said...

Good job Kristy on this cake. Looks really spongy!

Diane Balch said...

I could sure use a slice of your heavenly sponge cake right now with my tea. Thank you so much for sharing it with us on foodie friday. Always so glad to see you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...