Golden Pillow Hee Ban @ Hakka Steamed Kuih
Wowwww......The once a year time picnic game is on again.Thanks to Louise @ Month of Edible Celebrations for sharing such fun party with us. And I'm bringing in the letter 'G' this year. 'G' for golden pillow hee ban or hakka steamed kuih. These golden hee ban are actually made of pumpkin which gave such incredible colour to the kuih ! Guess, it's perfect for the picnic.I have other version & flavour of hee ban as well, you may check it here. So...not waiting for long, here's the arrangement of the letters.
A ~ Aloo Gobi
B ~ Blueberry Cucumber Salsa
C ~ Crispy Curry Fried Chicken
D ~ Dying For Chocolate Chocolate Cake
E ~ Eton Mess
F ~ Fish In A Jar
G ~ Golden Pillow Hee Ban
And here's the recipe.
250gm all purpose flour
250gm glutinous rice flour
1 tspn yeast
250gm pumpkin, steamed for 20 mins & pureed
40ml cooking oil
*one whole banana leaf
(1) combined both flour, sugar & yeast into a big bowl then mix well.
(2) stir in warm pumpkin puree and mix to combine.
(3) now, slowly add in water and stir to form a sticky dough.
(4) next, add in cooking oil & knead to combine.
(5) set aside to rest for 30 mins or till double in size.
(6) divide banana leaf into few portions, then slowly run the leaf directly over low fire before cutting them. This is to soften the leaf for easier cutting. This method is better than running them over boiling water. I found that the leaf turned softer. Finally, cut leaf into small portions and ready to use.
(9) finally, steam for 12 mins. Once it's done, let them sit in the steamer for 5 mins with lid ajar before removing them.
I'm sending this to Wild Yeast Blog @ Yeastspotting.