Vegan Chestnut Buckwheat Cake

Just celebrated Father's Day last weekend....not with my parents but with my in law. That's the problem when staying too far from home. Not be able to celebrate every single festivals together very often. Just imagine what if living overseas!!!! Errrr.... However, I'm still glad I'm not staying thousands of kilometers away from home. >o<

Nowadays, it's so easy to get these kind of ready to eat chestnut almost everywhere. In older days, chestnut is normally came in dried or fresh and extra work need to be done before you can really enjoy them. I have a few packets in my pantry that I can make good use of them today. Guess, it's time to get rid of these Nuts... nUts... NUts.... :o) Did you know that vegan baking is the most easiest & quick to prepare baked goodies? And that is what I love about it. And how about baking with the mini silicon pans !!!! Simply adorable.

So, here'w what I did.
Ingredients :
(A)
1/2 cup  corn oil
2 cups  soymilk
1 cup   syrup
1 TB  vinegar
1 tspn  vanilla essence

(B)
3 cups  all purpose flour
1 cup   buckwheat flour
1 cup   almond flour
2 TB  baking powder
1 tspn  baking soda
1/2 tspn  salt
1/2 tspn  cinnamon powder

*1-1/2 cup  chestnut, chopped

Method :
(1) combine ingredients (A) and mix well, set aside.
(2) combine ingredients (B) and mix well then fold into mixture (A) till everything well combined.
(3) add in chestnuts and mix well.
(4) place batter to small silicon moulds and bake at preheated oven at 180'C for about 25 mins.
(5) leave cakes cooled for 5 mins before removing from moulds.
(6) fnally, drizzle on lemon frosting before serving.

Ingredients for lemon frosting :
1 cup  icing sugar
1/2 lemon, juiced
lemon zest from one lemon
(combined everything and mix well, place mixture into plastic bag and its all ready)

Hmmm....mm... how I wish I could send these home. Do you think I should FEDex these ???? haha..... Probably, my mom will said something like..."Gosh, the posting fee is so expensive, you shouldn't send them back by courier ! You should have buy a ticket and bring it home personally. LOL." haha.... Anyway, hope you guys will love it too & enjoy your week ahead.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...