(recipe adapted from here)
3 stalk lemongrass, use only lower portion
4-5 cilantro root
1 inch galangal, only take lower part 2" & sliced
1 kaffier lime, sliced
1/2 TB peppercorns
1/2 TB cumin powder, toasted
1 TB coriander seeds
1 whole garlic, skinned & washed
10 pcs shallots, skinned & washed
50gm shrimp paste (belacan)
1 TB salt
1/2 cup cooking oil
Place everything to grinder & blend into paste then saute blended ingredients over a preheated frying pan with more cooking oil till nice & fragrant. Set aside to cool & keep refrigerated if for storage.
Ingredients for Green Curry Pasta :
400gm vermicelli pasta
1-1/2 cups shredded leftover roasted chicken meat
handful of basil leaves (which I have forgotten to add in)
3-4 pcs kaffir leaves
3-4 TB green curry paste
1 cup water
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 TB sugar
2 TB fish sauce
(1) bring a pot of water to boil together with 2 tspn of salt & a few lemon slices.
(2) throw in the pasta and let to boil till soft.
(3) once it's ready, drain pasta and add in some oil to prevent sticking.
(4) preheat a frying pan with little cooking oil, saute green curry paste a few seconds then add in water and bring it to boil.
(5) once the water started boiling, add in all other ingredients except pasta and cook over low heat till thick & creamy.
(6) now, stir in pasta and mix well. At the same time, remove all the kaffir leaves.
(7) off the heat and serve warm with parmesan cheese (powder form).