roti canai (flat bread). I only take the gravy not the fish. hehe... And that's what caused me soooo longing to make my own Indian curry fish at home. And again, I'm lucky enough to be able to learn making it from an Indian friend of mine. Guess what's the secret???? She told me that ginger & garlic are both not allow to use in this recipe cause it will kill all the fish curry flavour. AHHHha.... Finally ! Other than that, do not soak the tamarind slices. Just simply wash it, will do ! SO, get it ??? >o<
500gm mackerel fish, cut into a few
4 slices tamarind (asam jawa), washed
1 large onion, sliced
2 tomatoes, wedged
5 lady fingers, cut about half finger length
2 medium size eggplant, cut in chunks
50ml evaporated milk
3 cups water
50gm fish curry powder
1/2 tspn vegetable granule
salt to taste
(1) preheat wok or frying pan with just 1/2 cup of cooking oil. Saute eggplant & lady fingers separately till fragrant. Set aside.
(2) by using the same work, add in more oil and saute onion till fragrant.
(3) then add in curry leaves & curry powder, let it saute till fragrant over low heat (about one minute).
(4) now, add in water, tamarind slices, salt & granule and bring it to boil.
(5) once it's ready, add in cooked lady fingers, eggplants & fish and let it cook for about 15-20 mins over medium heat. Make sure the fish is cooked.
(6) finally, add in tomatoes & milk and continue cooking for another 5 mins. And it's all ready to serve.