Roti Canai With Egg Or Just Plain

Roti Canai With Egg
Plain Roti Canai
Roti Canai is Malaysian all time favourite breakfast. At the sourthern part of Malaysia, they call it Roti Prata. They are quite similar actually. You know what hubby said when he saw me making this! "Just buy it from the stall, only 60-80 cents per piece. Why giving yourself so much trouble!" OK Ok then I answer him, "so next time no need to spend hundreds of ringgit to go fishing huh! Just buy the fish from the market will do!". HAHAHA...... Come on, I'm just having fun here. Since there's still some leftover curry in the fridge, I wanna make good use of them. This is my first attempt actually. Let's see how I tried to flip the dough! haha....

Ingredients :

550gm all purpose flour
1-1/2 tspn salt
2 tbsp sugar
1 large egg, beaten
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup warm water/milk
*
Method :
*
- mix flour, sugar and salt in a big mixing bowl.
- combine water, butter and egg together.
- slowly stir water mixture into the dry ingredients.
- mix till form a soft dough and knead untill smooth.
- leave dough cover for about 3 hours.
- then divide into 8 ball dough, coated with butter or oil.
- leave aside for another 1/2 hour.
- coat both hands with cooking oil, you need more oil in this process.
- now, slightly flatten a ball dough onto an oil coated surface working table.
- place left hand to the top & right hand below.
- pull the dough by your right hand and flip, untill you reached the thickness.


Here's how I tried to flip the canai dough. Look easy but actually quite difficult!


Ok! Once the dough is ready to use, place in an egg and fold nicely. Finally, pan fried with 2-3 tbsp of cooking oil untill crispy. You need more oil to make it crispy. You can also add in chopped onion or spring onion or anything you like.
*
Did you see my egg roti? Mamamia..... No jokes huh! Kristy is making roti canai here! ^_^
*

For the plain roti, fold both side into oblong shape after the flipping process and then roll it up. Again, flatten the dough by hand untill thin and nice. Finally, pan fried with 2-3 tbsp of cooking oil.
*
And ta...da..., here's my roti canai 'kosong' ~ plain! So flaky, isn't it! Oh yes.... I did it! haha.... My daughter helps me to take most of the photos. Thanks honey!
I'm sending this to 3 Hungry Tummies for the Muhibbah Malaysian Monday Event.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...