Sunday, August 22, 2010

Pull-Apart Brioche With Cream Cheese Custard

Brioche is a highly enriched French bread which is high egg and butter content gives it a rich and tender crumb. I, especially love this kind of bread......totally filled with butter aroma just like croissants. In additional of the cream cheese fillings that would be perfectly alluring!

Ingredients :
Starter Dough :
1/2 cup all purpose flour
2-1/2 tpsn yeast
1/2 cup milk
1 tspn sugar
*
- combine all ingredients and leave to rest for 5 mins.
*
Main Dough :
2-1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tspn salt
3 tbsp sugar
3 large eggs
200gm butter
*
- combine starter dough together with main dough ingredients
- mix well to form a soft & sticky dough.
- wrap dough and keep refrigerated overnight.
( if possible release air from bag a couple of times before dough started to chilled up)
*

Cream cheese filling :
125gm cream cheese, softened
100gm sugar
1 egg
40ml milk
1 tbsp milk powder
1 tbsp lemon juice
*
- combine all ingredients and cook over medium heat over a double boiler untill thickened.
- then leave cool.
*
Method :
- place dough to slightly floured working table.
- divide dough in 12 ball dough and filling in cream cheese custard.
- sealed dough and place them a baking tray.
- brush on egg glaze and sprinkle on some cinnamon sugar.
- leave to rest for 1/2 hour.
- finally, bake at 175'c for about 20mins or untill brown.

Here's my simple pull-apart brioche which is easy to make. Just to fulfill your crave... or MINE especially! hehe.... Have fun!

28 comments:

smallkucing said...

yumm yummm

Angie's Recipes said...

Looks very soft and yummy!

Cooking Gallery said...

Your brioche looks very moist and soft! Yummy!!

Weng @ I heart My Bakes said...

Hey dear, in the first picture (among the four), did you put the dough into a plastic bag? Or was there a huge air bubble? =) Haha.. cant see properly..

Belinda @zomppa said...

That's so not fair to put this in front of me on a lazy Sunday without any to eat!

My Little Space said...

smallkucing : Thanks!

Angie : Thank you!

CookingGallery : Thanks alot!

Weng : It was my briche dough in it! Just look at the air but it not going to explode. The dough will became settle once it's perfectly chilled up.

Belinda : Oh dear, I'm so sorry! Hehe....

Thanks all for spending your time here with me today. Hope you're having a terrific weekend.

Cheers, kristy

Lyndsey said...

I should know better...to eat breakfast before reading your blog and not just sit here with my cup of coffee wishing I could take a big bite of this! :D Mmmm it looks so good!

Kristy, I loved your wasabi story, it was too funny! I wish I could of seen your faces while you all were waiting for a reaction! :P

MaryMoh said...

That's another beautiful bread from you. Love that soft texture. I can even eat it plain. Hope you have a lovely weekend, Kristy.

Heavenly Housewife said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! I must have this daaahling, fresh from the oven and slathered in butter. Looks divine :D
*kisses* HH

Jay said...

very interesting , nice and innovative recipe. Looks yummy dear.

the lacquer spoon said...

Cream cheese in bread is gastro heaven! Could you be my neighbour?... ;)

Mary said...

Kristy, your brioche looks delicious. Four odf the boys are with us now. The older ones go home tonight. The little one on Wednesday morning. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

Priscilla said...

It looks amazing!!!!! that cream cheese filling must be perfect!! yummmm...

have a great sunday!

5 Star Foodie said...

Homemade freshly baked brioche sounds so good - especially with the yummy custard inside!

pigpigscorner said...

Sinful but so yummy!

3 hungry tummies said...

nothing beats home baked bread! Delicious!

Hayley said...

Sure this one is very filling, got cheese somemore! ^^

penny aka jeroxie said...

Your brioche looks so super soft!

reanaclaire said...

amazing lady u r!

Anncoo said...

Hi Kristy, I think I'm late for this yummy soft brioche. I think I just saw your Dragonfruit jam??

Peanutts said...

yumm, am hungry now , have a nice day kristy!!

Elin said...

Kristy..you are such a good baker..love all your bakes. Please keep them coming :)

Cheah said...

Your bread looks so soft. Think it'll go well with your jam!

Jess @ Bakericious said...

Kristy, the bread looks so soft and fluffy, I love the pull part photo, I am drooling over it

cheapappetite said...

Definitely love the cheese custard filling. The brioche looked so good too. I imagine it soft inside and crusty outside. :) Great work Kristy

Anna said...

That bread looks so amazing, and the cheese filling Oh My!

Claudia said...

I do love brioche and yours looks fabulous. The creamy cheesey filling made my day!

Julie said...

Oh just delicious! I'd love to have one of these in the morning for breakfast :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...