croissant & doughnut. It makes sense cause CRO + NUT >o< And also means making doughnut with croissant pastry. Gotcha !? But today, I would like to try it with a danish pastry dough. So, very much looking forward to the outcome.
Here we goooo....
2 cups bread flour
1-3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 tspn salt
1 TB yeast
2 tspn vanilla paste / essence
3 egg yolk
1 cup milk
2 TB cooking oil
*300gm pastry margarine (for folding)
(1) combine all ingredients except margarine, stir to form soft dough and knead till smooth.
(2) then set aside to rest for an hour or till double in size, keep dough cover.
(3) once its ready, punch dough to release air and knead till smooth.
(4) finally, place dough to a slightly floured working table and roll into equal square shape.
(5) place pastry margarine to the center and wrap & sealed it nicely with dough.
(6) now, roll dough into rectangle shape around 15x9" size. For further folding details, please click here.
(7) after completion, you can either keep dough refrigerated till the next day or you may roll the dough out straight away & cut it with a doughnut mould.
(9) preheat wok or a pot with enough cooking oil and fry them over low heat till golden brown.
(10) finally, coat cooled cronut with cinnamon icing sugar & then top with frosting.
I'm sending this to Wild Yeast Blog @ Yeastspotting.