Eggless Pesto Pull-Apart Rolls For WBD
Finally, 2013 World Bread Day is here already ! Hopefully, I made it to the event this year. Its such great fun baking along with all the bread lover from all over the globe on the same day. And I am honour to be a part of it. I actually just returned from my previous camping trip, a four days three night stay. And this bread was baked only at the very last minute with my favourite pesto mixed. Though it's just a simple bread, it surely fills our belly with joy. Thanks to Zorra for this wonderful World Bread Day event.
Here's my other World Bread Day submission :
(1) 2010 World Bread Day
(2) 2011 World Bread Day
4 cup all purpose flour
2 tspn yeast
2 TB sugar
1 tspn salt
2 TB corn oil
*3 TB pesto paste
*1/2 cup grated cheese
*2 TB honey for glazing
(1) combine all the dry ingredients into a big mixing bowl.
(2) slowly stir in water to form a soft dough, then add in oil and knead till smooth.
(3) set aside to rest for an hour or till dough double in size.
(4) once it's ready, punch dough to release air and again knead till smooth.
(5) place dough to a slightly floured working table, roll it flat for about 20x24" the size (or as thin as possible).
(6) then spread on thin layer of pesto paste, and roll it up like a swiss roll.
(7) divide dough into 9-10 portions (depends on the size of your pan).
(8) place rolled dough to a 9'greased tray and again let to rest for about 30 mins (maybe longer for lower room temperature).
(9) now, brush with honey glazing & top with grated cheese, then bake at preheated oven 180'C for about 20 mins.
HAPPY WORLD BREAD DAY EVERYONE ! HAVE FUN !