Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Eggless Pesto Pull-Apart Rolls For WBD


World Bread Day 2013 - 8th edition! Bake loaf of bread on October 16 and blog about it!
Finally, 2013 World Bread Day is here already ! Hopefully, I made it to the event this year. Its such great fun baking along with all the bread lover from all over the globe on the same day. And I am honour to be a part of it. I actually just returned from my previous camping trip, a four days three night stay. And this bread was baked only at the very last minute with my favourite pesto mixed. Though it's just a simple bread, it surely fills our belly with joy. Thanks to Zorra for this wonderful World Bread Day event.

Here's my other World Bread Day submission :
(1) 2010 World Bread Day
(2) 2011 World Bread Day



Ingredients :
4 cup  all purpose flour
2 tspn  yeast
2 TB sugar
1 tspn  salt
300ml  water
2 TB  corn oil

*3 TB  pesto paste
*1/2 cup  grated cheese
*2 TB honey for glazing

Method :
(1) combine all the dry ingredients into a big mixing bowl.
(2) slowly stir in water to form a soft dough, then add in oil and knead till smooth.
(3) set aside to rest for an hour or till dough double in size.
(4) once it's ready, punch dough to release air and again knead till smooth.
(5) place dough to a slightly floured working table, roll it flat for about 20x24" the size (or as thin as possible).
(6) then spread on thin layer of pesto paste, and roll it up like a swiss roll.
(7) divide dough into 9-10 portions (depends on the size of your pan).
(8) place rolled dough to a 9'greased tray and again let to rest for about 30 mins (maybe longer for lower room temperature).
(9) now, brush with honey glazing & top with grated cheese, then bake at preheated oven 180'C for about 20 mins.

Me and my kids can at least wallop a few each of us especially when its still warm. >o< Such irresistible aroma. Can't wait for more deliciousness from my oven. Hope you guys will love it too.

HAPPY WORLD BREAD DAY EVERYONE ! HAVE FUN !

15 comments:

Nee said...

Hi Christy , I can jus smell the bread baking , HMmmmmm so good , thanks for sharing :).

Vivian Pang said...

I don't think I have the chance to bake bread with pesto filling as my family not fans of it. The bread sure is fragrant with the herb and cheese filling :)

Medeja said...

That pesto filling sounds nice and looks great too :)

Zoe said...

Hi Kristy,

Being a bread-loving baker, how can I miss out this important day??? Guess what? I really did. The ignorance me didn't know that the existence of this day... I will try the remember this important day next year :p

Love your pull apart rolls! They look delicious.

Zoe

Nammi said...

yumm, I love pesto , the bread looks so nice and soft!

Rosita Vargas said...

Se ve muy rico su pan una tentación irresistible,abrazos.

Anne Regalado said...

Kristy , I've made some bread , too ! Maybe , I'll drop by later so that we can exchange bread lol Love your pesto pull-apart bread , so soft and I'm sure very delicious !

Angie Schneider said...

They look so soft and nice. More pesto in my bread, please :-)

zorra said...

This looks just perfect. To nice to eat it. Thank you for participating in World Bread Day 2013!

lena said...

hi kristy, all your breads always look so pretty and special..now that you are back home, i think you shld be baking more...:)

Foodzeit Blogger said...

Apa kabar? Just saw your great bread submission to the World Bread day over here and had to leave you a comment, as I now only see how many fellow bread crazy food blogger we are in Asia (only a few but growing as it seems).
Greetings from China

lee woo said...

Close friends contribute to our personal growth. They also contribute to our personal pleasure, making the music sound sweeter, the wine taste richer, the laughter ring louder because they are there. See the link below for more info.

#louder
www.mocsbar.com

lee woo said...

Love it! Very interesting topics, I hope the incoming comments and suggestion are equally positive. Thank you for sharing this information that is actually helpful.


ufgop.org
ufgop.org

andrea chiu said...


Good day! I found your site very interesting and informative . Thanks for taking time sharing it with us. I really enjoyed reading your post.

triciajoy.com

www.triciajoy.com

Cindy Dy said...



Your post is superb. Thanks for sharing us updated information.

Macy
www.gofastek.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...