400gm taro, divide into half
a few white nappa cabbage leaves, tear into pcs
1 tube Japanese tofu, cut small
handful of instant seaweed strips
80gm da tou cai (preserved big head vegetable)
50gm dried oysters, washed
6 cups water
1TB white peppercorn, crashed
1 whole big fish bones, fried to golden brown
a few slices ginger
2 pickled salted sour plum
salt & granules to taste
(1) divide yam into 2 portion, cut half into big chunk and diced the other half.
(2) fry all yam separately then mash only the diced yam and set aside.
(3) bring water to boil together with ginger, dried oyster, mashed yam and da tou chai till yam melted.
(4) now, add in the remaining fried yam, salted plum, cabbage, tofu, fried fish bones, salt & seasoning and let to cook over medium heat for about 15 mins or till cabbage turn soft. Add in extra water if necessary.
(5) finally, stir in instant seaweed and serve hot.
taro is a plus. This dish is quite filling. So, don't be too greedy to overload your belly with all those yam especially for those who has gastric problem. hehe.... Cause yam/taro is considered as slow digesting food source. However, hope you guys will love it too. Enjoy & have a great week ahead everyone.