Gardenia cranbery loaf. Hope this will bring a little joy to boost up everyone's energy on Monday morning. I bought those fresh cranberries months ago and stock up in my freezer for quite some time already. Well, its about time now !
50gm bread flour
2 tspn yeast
(combine and mix well then rest for 20 minutes)
350gm bread flour
20gm milk powder
3 TB sugar
1 tspn salt
50gm cream cheese
2/3 cup fresh cranberry, chopped
1/3 cup raisins
(1) once the starter dough is ready, stir in the main ingredients (except cranberries & raisins) and mix to form a soft dough. Dough should be quite sticky at the stage. Do not add extra flour.
(2) leave the dough cover with a damp tower and let to rest for an hour or till double in size.
(3) punch dough to release air then knead to smooth dough. To prevent sticky hand ~ rub hands with cooking oil.
(4) once its done, place dough to slightly floured working table then roll out flat about 10x15" lenght.
(5) place in cranberries & raisins, fold both longer side of dough inward face to face in the middle. Then roll the other two sides like swiss roll facing to the middle as well. As shown in the above picture.
(6) must handle with care cause the dough is quite soft, place rolled dough to a 4x4x9" baking pan then bake at preheated oven 175-180'C for about 40-45 minutes or till brown.
(7) leave cooled completely before slicing.
I'm sending this Wild Yeast @ Yeastspotting.