Friday, August 22, 2014
Gingerbread Magic Custard Bar
Ingredients : (recipe adapted from here)
120gm butter, melted
2 cups milk
*1 TB water
3/4 cup brown sugar
4 egg yolks
pinch of salt
1 tspn vanilla essence
4 egg white
1/4 tspn cream of tartar
1 cup all purpose flour
3 tspn ginger powder
1-1/2 tspn cinnamon powder
(combine & mixed well)
(1) heat milk without boiling it then off the heat & set aside.
(2) whisk ingredient (C) till stiff peak form, set aside.
(3) beat ingredient (B) till fluffy pale in colour then add in mixture melted butter & water, mix well.
(4) next, stir in mixture (D) and mix to combined.
(5) now, beat in warm milk till well mix.
(6) once its ready, fold whisked egg white into batter in three batches till everything well mixed. Do not over whisk the mixture.
(7) finally, pour batter into a 9x13" greased tray and let to bake at preheated oven 170'C for about 45 minutes.
(8) once its done, leave cool then keep refrigerated for an hour to set. Then slice into 16 equal square piece to serve.