Monday, August 4, 2014
Sugar Rye Bread Bun With Yogurt Cream Cheese
50gm bread flour
2 tspn yeast
(combine ingredients and mix well then leave to rest for 20 minutes)
350gm bread flour
100gm rye flour
20gm milk powder
2 TB sugar
1 tspn salt
80gm cream cheese (you may use the cream cheese fillings)
30gm butter, chopped
(1) combine main dough ingredients into a big mixing bowl then add in starter dough, mix to form a soft dough.
(2) cover dough with a damped tower & let to rest for an hour or till double in size
(3) once its ready, punch dough to release air and knead to smooth for about 3-5 minutes.
(4) place dough to slightly floured working table & divide into 15 portions (around 60gm each).
(5) round the dough and let to rest for 10 minutes on the working table, cover with damped tower.
(6) now, press dough to flatten it a little bit then fill in cream cheese filling and nicely sealed.
(7) arrange all filled dough to a 9x13" greased baking tray, then let to rest for 30 minutes.
(8) brush dough with egg glazing then sprinkle on the sugar.
(9) finally, bake at preheated oven 180'C for about 18-20 minutes or till brown.
Ingredients for yogurt cream cheese fillings :
250gm cream cheese, softened
100gm plain yogurt
50gm butter, softened
150gm icing sugar
1 lemon rinds
(cream all ingredients till smooth and then keep refrigerated till set)
*1 egg yolk for glazing & 1/2 cup sugar for topping
I'm sending this to Wild Yeast @ Yeastspotting.