Friday, November 21, 2014
Festive Season Fruit Cake
250gm butter, softened
250gm brown sugar
1 TB ground mixed spice (I used five spice powder)
300gm all purpose flour
250gm dried apricot, chopped
250gm dried cranberries, chopped
5 TB brandy
*extra 4 TB brandy (for final topping)
(1) soaked ingredients (B) over night.
(2) beat butter & sugar till fluffy pale then whisk in eggs one at a time till everything well combined
(3) now, fold in flour & mixed spice and mix well.
(4) next, stir in ingredients (B) and blended well then pour batter to a 7" baking tray lined with parchment paper.
(5) finally, bake at preheated oven 175'C for about an hour or till tester came out clean and pour in the extra brandy liquor immediately.
* chocolate ganache : 200gm chocolate (chopped) melted into 60ml hot heavy cream