Guyana. Guyana is a sovereign state on the northern coast of South America. This is the first time I ever get to know Guyana while I accidentally bump into one of the famous & special Guyanese bread recipe called Guyanese Butter flap..Guyanese butter flap is also under the category of Caribbean cuisine which I'm not familiar with. (More info from here) However, I just can't resist good food especially bread. So, this is definitely something I shouldn't miss out. I didn't fold the bread as it was but making them into bread rolls instead. And here's what I did.
By the way, this is my number 700th post after 6 years blogging. Job well done ! >o<
2 cups bread flour / all purpose flour
1 Tb milk powder (optional)
2 TB sugar
1-1/2 tspn yeast
1/4 tspn salt
1/2 cup warm milk
2 TB corn oil
2 TB salted butter, softened
3 cloves garlic, skinned & crushed into fine paste
(mix together till well combined)
*1/2 cup parmesan cheese powder
(1) stir yeast, sugar & milk together then let to rest for 10 minutes.
(2) now, combine flour, milk powder & salt into a big mixing bowl then stir in the yeast mixture till soft dough is formed.
(3) add in oil then continued kneading till well combined, set aside to rest for an hour or till double in size.
(4) punch dough to release air, mix in half of the garlic butter mixture & knead till combined.
(5) place dough to working table then flatten into 6x8" size, divide into 8 portions equally.
(6) next, rub each dough with the remaining garlic butter paste & then make a knot, place it to a greased baking tray, let to rest for another 30-45 minutes or till dough nicely rose
(7) finally, sprinkle the top with some parmesan cheese then bake at preheated oven 190-195'C for about 20-25 minutes or till nicely brown.
I'm sending this to Yeastspotting @ Wild Yeast Blog.