125gm butter, at room temperature
2 TB heavy cream
180gm all purpose flour
1 tspn baking powder
1 tspn salt
1 tspn vanilla paste
*1 TB cocoa powder + 1 tspn dark cocoa powder
(mix with 1 TB boiling water to turn into smooth paste)
(1) combine flour, salt & baking powder and mix well.
(2) beat butter and sugar till fluffy pale in colour then whisk in eggs one at a time till creamy smooth.
(3) now, add in vanilla paste or essence and flour mixture & continue beating till everything well combined.
(4) pour 2/3 batter to a greased 8" baking tray and then mix 1/3 batter with cocoa paste till well blended.
(5) next, add the remaining well blended cocoa batter onto baking tray as well, make a nice swirl between the batter.
(6) finally, bake at preheated oven 150'C for about 45-50 minutes or till tester came out clean.