(Recipe adapted from here)
Ingredients for rice cake :
150gm rice flour
4 TB tapioca flour
1 TB wheat starch
1 tspn salt
1 TB cooking oil/corn oil
(1) combine ingredients (A) and mix well, set aside.
(2) mix together ingredients (B) into a pot then bring mixture to boil, off the heat then immediately add boiling water into mixture (A) and continuously stirring till everything well blended.
(3) preheat a steamer with 12-13 greased cupcake cups, cover the cups & let them heat before used.
(4) next, pour rice batter into hot cups then let them steam over high heat for about 25-30 minutes or till set..
(5) once its done, let them cool completely before removing the cakes from cups.
Ingredients Radish topping :
1 packet (120-150gm) preserved chopped white sweet radish, rinsed
1 tspn vegetarian oyster sauce
1/2 tspn sweet dark soy sauce
1 tspn sugar
1 TB chopped garlic
1 TB cooking oil
*if you're using salted white radish then soaked them for 30 minutes before used.
(1) toast the sweet white radish over low heat on frying pan till dry without adding in any oil, then set aside.
(2) preheat frying pan with cooking oil then saute garlic till aromatic, add in toasted radish & continue stirring over low heat till nice & fragrant.
(3) now, add in oyster sauce, sweet dark soy sauce & sugar till well blended then immediately off the heat. And its ready to serve.