The Slow Roasted Italian. I am totally into it. I bet you will saliva with just one look at those cheesy pretzel bombs too. Without waiting for long, I gather up the ingredients and started with the dough. Its an easy, simple & yet delicious recipe. It only took me an hour or so to complete the whole thing. A fabulous treat for the guests. I love especially the ooey gooey cheesy thing on this.
2 tspn yeast
one can (12oz) beer (340ml water)
2 TB sugar
3-1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 tspn salt
Cheesy Chili Pepper Fillings :
1 cup mozzarella cheese, chopped
1 cup cheddar cheese, chopped
4 green chili, chopped
2 TB crashed black pepper
(combined everything & mix well then set aside)
Ingredients for boiling dough :
3 cups water
2 TB baking soda
* Egg wash : 1 Egg yolk mix with 1 tspn milk
(1) combined together yeast, 1/2 cup flour, beer and sugar into a big bowl, mix well then leave to rest for 10 minutes or till bubbling.
(2) then fold in the remaining flour & salt to form soft dough, knead a couple of minutes till dough became smooth, tacky but not too sticky. Otherwise, add in extra tablespoon of flour.
(3) place dough to slight floured working table then divide into 30 pieces each, roll into balls and set aside (for about 30 minutes).
(4) now, bring water & baking soda to boil then off the heat. At the same time, get the tray ready greased & lined with greaseproof /parchment paper.
(5) flatten each dough into round disk then fill in a huge teaspoon of cheese filling, carefully pull dough to seal. Make sure there's no leakage.
(6) after completing 3 filled balls, transfer filled balls into hot water and allow to set while you prepare the next 3 balls. Remove dough balls from water when ready and place them to prepared baking sheet. Then repeating the same thing till completed.
(7) Arrange dough balls onto baking tray lined with parchment paper, brush egg wash onto dough balls then sprinkle with salt.
(8) finally, bake at preheated oven 220'C for about 10 minutes or till golden brown.