Hamantaschen is a very popular triangular shape pastry or cookies in the middle east and its the tradition to have it during festive season. Hamantaschen is usually filled with fruit paste or jam or ground seed paste and cheese filling which is getting much popular this days. However, I've chosen the jam.
3 cups all purpose flour
220gm cold butter, chopped
2 TB sugar
1 cup sour cream (I used yogurt)
(1) combine flour and butter together then mix till crumbly. form.
(2) beat together sugar and yogurt till well cooperated then stir into flour mixture till soft dough is formed.
(3) keep dough refrigerated for an hour or so, or till set.
(4) divide into 2 portions, keep one portion refrigerated till it is used. Place the other portion to a floured working table then roll it flat.
(5) shape dough with a round cookie cutter then fill the center with a teaspoon of jam as desired.
(6) now, fold the filled dough into 3 corners, as shown in pictures. And then pressed to seal nicely.
Note : for fillings ~ 3/4 cup blueberry jam & some icing sugar for dusting.