Sufganiyah @ Doughnut With Pumpkin Coconut Jam
Hanukkah is also known as the festive of light, something like Diwali Festival. And during the celebration, they usually served donuts filled with sweet jam & Latkes. And Dewi @ Elra's Baking has tempted me make these magnificent donuts when she posted the sweet jam filled donuts on her FB the other day. Happy Hanukkah to you & your family, Kak Dewi ! As she mentioned it, she used overnight brioche dough to make her donuts. So, I'm going to try mine with some overnight brioche dough as well. The out come is overwhelming. Love the soft eggy dough so much and it smells great too !
2-1/2 cup all purpose flour
2 tspn instant yeast
2-1/2 TB sugar
a pinch of salt
1 tspn vanilla essence
60gm cold butter, chopped
* one jar homemade pumpkin coconut jam filling
(1) combine all ingredients into the mixer and let to blend till well cooperated then add in butter and continue blend till soft & smooth and well mixed. Then keep dough refrigerated overnight.
(2) take out dough the next morning and let to stay at room temperature for 30 minutes.
(3) now, place dough to a slightly floured working table and roll it to about 1/2" thickness.
(4) cut it with a round cutter and again rest for another 45 minutes or till double in size.
(5) finally, fry dough till golden brown and leave to cool.
(6) make a hole through the dough and piped in the pumpkin coconut jam, and dust with icing sugar before serving.