Elin for the inspiration. Please read on to find out more.
1 free range chicken or ayam kampung (around 1.3kg)
4 slices dang gui (angelica root)
4 TB Chinese rice wine or shaoxing wine
1 tspn fine salt
1 tspn dang gui powder
1/2 tspn vegetarian granule
1/4 tspn pepper
2 kg coarse salt (3kg for wok user)
* double layer greaseproof paper
(1) mix together dang gui powder, salt & pepper and granule till well combined. Then marinade chicken with the seasoning mixture and let to rest for an hour.
(2) at the same time, soak "dang gui" into rice wine and let to rest as well.
(3) now, gather 2kg of coarse salt into a wok and cook over medium heat till salt became hot enough.
(7) now, slowly cover chicken with coarse salt. To prevent coarse salt from falling apart, I secure it with aluminium foil.
(8) finally, bake at preheated oven 200'C for an hour then 180'C for another 60 minutes.